Any interest in a possible sailing September 2015?

I see I got post 200. Sheila and Fred do you guys remember the over 50K post count Mariner thread? It was kind of a prelude to the gang on the Oasis of the Seas. Maybe after the Quantam itinerary is finalized and the thread started we could beat that count lol

I see I got post 200. Sheila and Fred do you guys remember the over 50K post count Mariner thread? It was kind of a prelude to the gang on the Oasis of the Seas. Maybe after the Quantum itinerary is finalized and the thread started we could beat that count lol

I post if I have something to add or say,

not to bolster a post count. :rolleyes::eek:

But, our roll-calls usually get on up there! :p

I see I got post 200. Sheila and Fred do you guys remember the over 50K post count Mariner thread? It was kind of a prelude to the gang on the Oasis of the Seas. Maybe after the Quantam itinerary is finalized and the thread started we could beat that count lol
We'll be that way again, I'm sure. Assuming they actually release next year's schedule.

I post if I have something to add or say,

not to bolster a post count. :rolleyes::eek:

LOL - too funny! :p Edited by The Grumpus

Hi everyone,

Just checking in and like all of you still waiting to see if they release as the same time as Anthem's later 2015 sailings. I am hoping that the schedule will be out shortly so we can pick a week, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is a better itinerary than roundtrip to the Bahamas.

A group of us from DFW just got back from Celebrity Reflection, They are trying to get the under 30's sailing with them(at least on the Caribbean itineraries). They did a one time late night nightclub event called Liquid with the Miami DJs at the solarium pool, and specialty cocktails. It was fun until some of the guests starting jumping in the pool, guys taking their shirts off and making the dance deck area slippery. I imagine there were complaints about the volume of the music as it was louder than most Las Vegas nightclubs I've been in. It was great to see them offer something different for those who wanted to try it.

I am also looking forward to the reveal of more details about the ship venues so we can all plan accordingly. I do believe we will have to invent some new things to do on the Quantum.:D

A funny thing happened while we were waiting to catch our flight out of Miami. Someone recognized us from the RTR Allure cruise and asked if we had funny hats for that cruise. No we didn't, but I definitely will have to come up with a new creation before Quantum!

I hope everyone's weather is starting to warm up, and bookings open before we all celebrate another birthday.

Hi everyone, quick question. Is anyone going to the Quantum reveal? I got an invite, first invite I've ever got from RCCL and am wondering if it is worth traveling for. Thoughts? Opinions? First hand experience?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Just checking in and like all of you still waiting to see if they release as the same time as Anthem's later 2015 sailings. I am hoping that the schedule will be out shortly so we can pick a week, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is a better itinerary than roundtrip to the Bahamas.

I am also looking forward to the reveal of more details about the ship venues so we can all plan accordingly. I do believe we will have to invent some new things to do on the Quantum.:D

A funny thing happened while we were waiting to catch our flight out of Miami. Someone recognized us from the RTR Allure cruise and asked if we had funny hats for that cruise. No we didn't, but I definitely will have to come up with a new creation before Quantum!

I hope everyone's weather is starting to warm up, and bookings open before we all celebrate another birthday.

Yes, no Bahamas R/T please.

I guess my 1st. would be a 10-night/Eastern Caribbean or 2nd 10-night/Western, Bermuda 3rd. I don't think I am interested in those special Canada maritime cruises.

Did you do another funny hat pub crawl on Allure or do you mean our Oasis pub crawl in 2010? I don't think we'll ever be able to repeat that day.;)

Hi everyone, quick question. Is anyone going to the Quantum reveal? I got an invite, first invite I've ever got from RCCL and am wondering if it is worth traveling for. Thoughts? Opinions? First hand experience?

I thought about it but I'm going to pass on it. I was thinking about taking a few days off and do some Big Apple exploring as well as the reveal, but Sarah isn't interested and I don't want to go alone.

Edited by The Grumpus

I would totally go but I have to be invited first :(

And I live in the NY tri-state area and am a diamond member but do I get invited? Noooooooooooooo! Well maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone,

Nancy,

I don't think I would make a special trip to NYC unless you were going there for other reasons or making a family vacation out of the trip. From my recollection from other preview teasers, they put out some nice snacks and drinks, big displays and get everyone excited for the new ship.

Now if they were giving away a raffle for a free cabin, I'd probably want to be there!

Fred, we did do another pub crawl on the Allure with funny hats and light up items that the Cruise director joined in with as well, but no I think I actually enjoyed the very first time I saw the Oasis class ships. I could not have asked for a more fun crowd to be with than the original RTR's

Paul, myabe you will get an invite if you email them and ask nicely. I'm thinking that not everyone can take time off from work to be at the event.

Fred, I am with you, please no Bahamas runs, and a better Caribbean itinerary for the fall. I know pricing will be high, but hopefully not too high, especially since Anthem will be in the Caribbean near the end of 2015.

Everyone needs to be thinking of a name for the cruise once we pick the week. I did notice that they opened an new Embassy Suites near the Cape Liberty port recently. Has anyone stayed there yet?

Take care

Nasty!! You hurt my feelings

^^^LOL, this is my DH everyone.^^^

I really hope this ship changes the itinerary,

but a crap itin is better than no cruise, haha.

Who is looking forward to trying out the North Star?

(that's the over water bubble thingamabob)

^^^LOL, this is my DH everyone.^^^

I really hope this ship changes the itinerary,

but a crap itin is better than no cruise, haha.

Who is looking forward to trying out the North Star?

(that's the over water bubble thingamabob)

Kelcie, do I smell us renting out the

North Star? With open bar of course lol

Hi everyone,

Jimmy, I am so up for renting the North Star. I just wish it could hold more people at a time.

I am up for all events, although our experience on renting out the flowriders on both Oasis and Allure made for some incredibly bad video. At least I finally stood up and surfed after a couple of attempts.

I am still hoping that they release the itineraries at the same time as Anthem's Caribbean sailings for 2015 this week.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the prices will be a little lower since the ship will be almost a year old at that point. I would really like for some new itineraries for the Caribbean to be released.

Have a great evening :D

I like the 8 nights Eastern Caribbean if they could just make it a 9 night and add Labadee, Haiti that would be a great cruise. That's if these itineraries we see are the real deal. A lot could change between now and then.

The X Summit & The QOTS will be doing a series of Canada & New England Voyages commencing late August 2015. The reserve ship birth is the QOTS. It was initially listed as the same but removed until the official RCCL Summer/Fall 2015 QOTS schedule is released.

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2015.pdf[/

Edited by FIRELT5

The X Summit & The QOTS will be doing a series of Canada & New England Voyages commencing late August 2015. The reserve ship birth is the QOTS. It was initially listed as the same but removed until the official RCCL Summer/Fall 2015 QOTS schedule is released.

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2015.pdf

Ugh, that is not what I wanted to see but not totally unexpected either. Thank you for the link and explanation. If this turns out to be case, QOS will be sailing Canada/NE through September and looks like half of October too.

I don't think we'll be doing a CA/NE sailing, it's not a itinerary I am interested in spending money on at this time. We'll probably wait until October or November for (hopefully) some nice 8 to 10 night Caribbean itineraries.

Hi everyone,

Well there are two cruise port schedules posted for Portland(see above link by FIRELT5, thanks once again), and the St. Maarten port schedule.

On the Portland Maine website it shows four Saturday stops on 8-29-2015, 9-12-2015 ,9-26-2015 and 10-10-2015 doing a New England/Canada cruises. If(pure speculation on my part) those dates are accurate, it would seem to follow the Explorer's 2014 sailings of nine nights for New England , 5 day short Bermuda sailings. Explorer does have one 9 night Caribbean cruise in September 2014 thrown into the mix.

Thre was previously a link to an annoucement by a Maine news service that the ship would stop in Portland 4 times in the fall of 2015.

On the St. Maarten cruise schedule site, it shows Quantum making stops on Mondays on 5-11-2015, 5-25-2015, 6-22-2015,7-6-2015,7-20-2015, 8-3-2015, 8-17-2015, 9-15-2015 and 10-26-2015.

So one of the charts is placeholding or just really wrong.

I would much prefer to do a Caribbean itinerary as I like the warmer weather. I am definitely open to changing dates to do a Caribbean sailing, and preferably not the Bahamas run.

If anyone has any other information that they have heard, please post up.

I do know Celebrity Cruises will be releasing some of the Caribbean itineraries for 2015 possibly as early as March 20th. It would be nice if Royal's came out at the same time.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday,

Kelcie

Hi everyone,

Well there are two cruise port schedules posted for Portland(see above link by FIRELT5, thanks once again), and the St. Maarten port schedule.

On the Portland Maine website it shows four Saturday stops on 8-29-2015, 9-12-2015 ,9-26-2015 and 10-10-2015 doing a New England/Canada cruises. If(pure speculation on my part) those dates are accurate, it would seem to follow the Explorer's 2014 sailings of nine nights for New England , 5 day short Bermuda sailings. Explorer does have one 9 night Caribbean cruise in September 2014 thrown into the mix.

Thre was previously a link to an annoucement by a Maine news service that the ship would stop in Portland 4 times in the fall of 2015.

On the St. Maarten cruise schedule site, it shows Quantum making stops on Mondays on 5-11-2015, 5-25-2015, 6-22-2015,7-6-2015,7-20-2015, 8-3-2015, 8-17-2015, 9-15-2015 and 10-26-2015.

So one of the charts is placeholding or just really wrong.

I would much prefer to do a Caribbean itinerary as I like the warmer weather. I am definitely open to changing dates to do a Caribbean sailing, and preferably not the Bahamas run.

If anyone has any other information that they have heard, please post up.

I do know Celebrity Cruises will be releasing some of the Caribbean itineraries for 2015 possibly as early as March 20th. It would be nice if Royal's came out at the same time.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday,

Kelcie

That is interesting. Makes me believe the collective minds @ RCI have yet to decide which itinerary the ship will do, and they've been keeping their two options open.

Keeping finger's crossed that we'll know them next week! Even if we can't book next week, knowing the deployments will at least allow us to start planning.:rolleyes: Looks like there maybe some advanced bookings allowed per C&A tier.

Hi everyone,

Nancy,

I don't think I would make a special trip to NYC unless you were going there for other reasons or making a family vacation out of the trip. From my recollection from other preview teasers, they put out some nice snacks and drinks, big displays and get everyone excited for the new ship.

Now if they were giving away a raffle for a free cabin, I'd probably want to be there!

Fred, we did do another pub crawl on the Allure with funny hats and light up items that the Cruise director joined in with as well, but no I think I actually enjoyed the very first time I saw the Oasis class ships. I could not have asked for a more fun crowd to be with than the original RTR's

Paul, myabe you will get an invite if you email them and ask nicely. I'm thinking that not everyone can take time off from work to be at the event.

Fred, I am with you, please no Bahamas runs, and a better Caribbean itinerary for the fall. I know pricing will be high, but hopefully not too high, especially since Anthem will be in the Caribbean near the end of 2015.

Everyone needs to be thinking of a name for the cruise once we pick the week. I did notice that they opened an new Embassy Suites near the Cape Liberty port recently. Has anyone stayed there yet?

Take care

I'm keeping my eye on this one. I would love to get together with you guys again. The RTR's are about ready to grow up and be Quantam Pole Dancers :p

That is interesting. Makes me believe the collective minds @ RCI have yet to decide which itinerary the ship will do, and they've been keeping their two options open.

Keeping finger's crossed that we'll know them next week! Even if we can't book next week, knowing the deployments will at least allow us to start planning.:rolleyes: Looks like there maybe some advanced bookings allowed per C&A tier.

I fully agree.

Sidenote: Why would RCI create this amazeball ship

and then make us feel like we are slumming it because

the itinerary is less than desirable??? Am I being a brat???

Sorry, if that sounds bratty, I just think this ship deserves

a waaaaaay better itin.

Ok, can someone help me down from my soapbox? :D:p

I fully agree.

Sidenote: Why would RCI create this amazeball ship

and then make us feel like we are slumming it because

the itinerary is less than desirable??? Am I being a brat???

Sorry, if that sounds bratty, I just think this ship deserves

a waaaaaay better itin.

Ok, can someone help me down from my soapbox? :D:p

I agree. The mega-twins itineraries were just release thru 2016. Wow, what exciting & "new" Eastern & Western Itineraries they've come up with, thru 2016!:rolleyes:

Okay, sarcasm button off. You'd think they could change it up, just a little. They've had the same itineraries since 2010, give us at least one new stop... come on man!!!! Ugh!:o

Hi everyone,

Rene, love your sense of humour. I hoping everything is going great for you.

Sheila, I feel the same way. I'd love to see some new ports and I am still hoping that Quantum is doing at least the one Caribbean run in September 2015, otherwise, it would be November 2015 for either Quantum or Anthem for the Caribbean sailings.

Fred, I looked at all of the new Caribbean port sailings, and other than Serenade's in December, not much new there.

I don't know how many more times I want to visit some of the ports that have been on the same itinerary for the past five years.

I am keeping a positive attitude that the schedules and hopefully the bookings will open next week with an itinerary that we all like with a decent price point.

I am up to whatever everyone wants, I just had a blast before with all of the original RTR's and love to repeat the experience and meet lots of new fun cruisers as well.

Have a nice afternoon. And to RCCL executives, please release the deployment schedule NOW:D

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy everyone :) I hope everybody is doing great and not getting any snow where you are. This weather is just crazy.

So, we cancelled the Quantum for April for a few of reasons:

1. They changed the dining to about five free venues, the others you have to pay a fee AND they are requiring that you make a reservation for EVERY NIGHT. I don't know what I am going to be doing, where I might want to eat that far in advance AND, the "MDR" as we know it, is now formal night every night, sooooooooooo . . .

2. The itinerary, in a word, S*CKS, seriously? CocoCay and Port Canaveral? Not to mention that we would be sailing out of Newark in April and it was cold enough sailing out of Florida in March, brrrrrrrrr. The 8 day itinerary on the IOS is awesome and we are going to be sailing with some of the same folks that we have sailed with last year and this year.

3. There was a price drop last and we snagged a D2 for only $953 pp. Granted, it is not a spa JS and I will not have a tub; HOWEVER, I will have a balcony and that is cheaper than what we paid for a D1 on our very first cruise in 2007 :D

That means that when they release some more sailings for the Quantum or the Anthem, Frank and I will be ready for the second sailing of the RTRs :D

Edited by Charger2008