Live Blog: Norwegian Breakaway Inaugural Transatlantic Cruise!

philamike

Does Mike or anyone know how much a taxi ride is from Penn Station to the Breakaway pier? We'll be taking the Amtrak down from Boston in late July.

That situation with the taxi driver had me concerned.

Thanks!

Joanna

I'm sure it will be more than 10 but less than 20, unless you are just stuck in traffic.!

Do you have any information on water drinking stations or do you have to get it at the bar or restaurants???

I don't recall seeing water fountains anywhere, but you can just go up to any bar and ask for a glass of water. And there are water and ice dispensers in the Garden Cafe and outside the Cafe on the pool deck.

- Mike :-)

Hi all -- thank you everyone for showing your appreciation for my live blog! I apologize for not getting menus and newsletters up yet. Work has been busy post-vacation, and I'm helping out my parents this weekend while my dad recovers from some recent surgery. (He's doing very well!) I should have everything posted during the coming week.

Hi all -- thank you everyone for showing your appreciation for my live blog! I apologize for not getting menus and newsletters up yet. Work has been busy post-vacation, and I'm helping out my parents this weekend while my dad recovers from some recent surgery. (He's doing very well!) I should have everything posted during the coming week.

It's ok. We loved all the info but family and other things come before cruising. So glad you enjoyed your cruise. Post when you have time. Thank you! !!!

I'm from Philly too!! Mike it was a pleasure meeting you and hope we get to cruise together again soon.

Thanks for writing a great blog, DH and I had a great time and we both decided that we need to cruise the Breakaway again in WARM weather:)

Hello again! I've uploaded my newsletters and menus to Flickr, along with a few miscellaneous items. Note: to view the text, you may need to enlarge the image. When viewing an image, right-click the image and select a larger size or "Original."

Newsletters: I'm missing Day 1. Also, only Day 3 has pages 3 & 4, because these pages were virtually the same for every day of the trip. Also included is the disembarkation flyer.

Menus: Somehow I forgot to get Le Bistro, but just about all the other specialty restaurants are here. Also got the main dining room lunch menu (same for every day) and the bar menu used across the ship.

Misc: Ropes course rules, laundry rates, spa rates, etc.

(I'll be adding some more photos from the trip as well.)

Hello again! I've uploaded my newsletters and menus to Flickr, along with a few miscellaneous items. Note: to view the text, you may need to enlarge the image. When viewing an image, right-click the image and select a larger size or "Original."

Newsletters: I'm missing Day 1. Also, only Day 3 has pages 3 & 4, because these pages were virtually the same for every day of the trip. Also included is the disembarkation flyer.

Menus: Somehow I forgot to get Le Bistro, but just about all the other specialty restaurants are here. Also got the main dining room lunch menu (same for every day) and the bar menu used across the ship.

You are amazing! Thank you so much for answering my question, as well as all the others' questions, and for posting the dailies...

Can't wait to cruise on the Breakaway!

Gail

Your photo review was Absolutely Outstanding with all sorts of great details.

Did you get a pic of the hallway with the door open...just wondering how much of the hallway it used...also did the door stay open or did you have to hold it open...could the door be opened rapidly or did it only open slowly?

I'm guessing the reason for the interior hallways was to not have doors on both sides of the hallways open...Looking at the deck plans on your deck 11, I noticed that there were 2 interior cabin hallways, rather than just one like yours, toward the bow with the cabins length going fore to aft.

Glad I found your review post, and began looking for more based on your signature info. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Mike, I so appreciate all your information. I think I will have a Coco Cabanatini for my sailaway drink!:D

Mike - thank you for the time and effort you put into this review of our wonderful cruise on the Breakaway.

I enjoyed meeting you, and every time I wear my custom-made t-shirt (thanks to you again), I will remember all the good times our CC group had on the T.A.

Jean