HELP!! Boardwalk Vs OV Balcony

My fiance and I are on the Oasis June 22. I have booked 12317 boardwalk balcony ( which is 6 from the aft on port side) and RCI just dropped price of OV Balcony- so I could get one for 80 bucks total!

I am a total balcony snob- I love love love them! But I am so torn because Oasis/ Allure are the only ships that offer boardwalk balcony. And you can people watch and watch the movies and the Aqua Theater shows and its all decorated so beautifully at night.

Yet, I DO love coming back to my OV balcony for quiet time watching the waves go by and eat breakfast. Leave the door open to hear the sea when you sleep and never have to shut the curtains! haha Privacy isn't an issue.

I don't know what to do!!!

Ahh the stresses of vacation planning ;) Thanks for the help :)

That close to the back of the ship, you'll probably have a partial ocean view from your balcony, but for such a small differential, I'd probably go for the true OV balcony. My only hesitation, being one who is sensitive to cigarette smoke, would be that there is always a chance on the OV side that you'll be close to some chain smokers, while smoking is not allowed on the BW balconies.

We did enjoy our Boardwalk balcony cabin. Thing is ... we did it for something different. From ours we could see the Water Show and the big screen with the ocean in the background and folks doing the Rock Climbing Wall (not too many were doing that).

There was actually much less activity than we had expected from our Boardwalk Balcony. Often folks worry about the noise. We found it to be too quiet.

LuLu

~~~~

We have always had OV balconies but on our Oasis / Allure cruises we have always chosen the Boardwalk Balcony. Like another poster said, the first time on Oasis we chose it because it was different and found we loved it. The farthest in we have been is 3rd one in and others the end ones, but as stated already, you can see the Aqua shows and practices, rock climbing, big screens, etc....and people watch but as stated too, it's not all that busy at night actually and we have never had a noise problem. AND you also get to see the ocean no problem - and being 6 in, you will see plenty of ocean plus the other stuff....I say worth a try!!! It's something different on a ship that's in a class all by (themselves!) :D

It's sounds like this wasn't a financial decision, but one made to enjoy a certain venue on this ship.. So I say stick with the BWB, for the interesting and unique experience and save the 160. If you had opted for the BWB as the top of your budget and the OV came up, I'd say take it. We didn't use our balcony much on this ship, and our girls loved their BWB. If privacy is truly not a concern ( as honeymooners) stick with your original choice!

Will this be your only time on Oasis or Allure? If so, since you like the idea of trying a Boardwalk balcony, stick with it. It is unique, so enjoy it this one time.

On the other hand, if you think you will be back on Oasis class, grab the great price on the OV balcony (or any other fabulous cabin that drops into your price range). You can then do Boardwalk next time.

We did a B2B on Oasis/Allure. On Oasis, we had an Ocean facing balcony on deck 11. The following week, we had a boardwalk balcony, deck 9, next to last cabin. While we did have a view of the ocean, and the boardwalk, I really missed the whole experience of watching the ocean go by, and really listening to the ocean. It was not private at all. My vote would be to take the true Oceanview facing balcony.

For only $80 more, I'd do oceanview balcony in a heartbeat.

We're on the Oasis in July and we're paying $600 pp more for an oceanview simply because I think we'd miss relaxing on our balcony looking at the sea. $80 would be a steal IMO.

Oceanview.

Reasons:

1) So few places on this class of ship to see the ocean that the balcony is nice to have!

2) Privacy!

3) The scenery & views!

However, you will have a fantastic cruise no matter which balcony you choose. :)

Our Boardwalk view got reeeeeally old reeeeeally fast on our Allure cruise. On the first day we thought it was pretty cool, but after 2-3 days we were missing being able to have a full view of the ocean (specially after we realized that the ocean views from public venues throughout the ship are very limited).

Not having a full view of the ocean made us feel pretty disconnected from the ocean, and the experience felt more like being at a land vacation than a cruise.

My fiance and I are on the Oasis June 22. I have booked 12317 boardwalk balcony ( which is 6 from the aft on port side) and RCI just dropped price of OV Balcony- so I could get one for 80 bucks total!

I am a total balcony snob- I love love love them! But I am so torn because Oasis/ Allure are the only ships that offer boardwalk balcony. And you can people watch and watch the movies and the Aqua Theater shows and its all decorated so beautifully at night.

Yet, I DO love coming back to my OV balcony for quiet time watching the waves go by and eat breakfast. Leave the door open to hear the sea when you sleep and never have to shut the curtains! haha Privacy isn't an issue.

I don't know what to do!!!

Ahh the stresses of vacation planning ;) Thanks for the help :)

Since you are far back, I'd stay. We typically chose BW balcony near aft as a choice on Oasis class ships. We still see the ocean and all the activity on the BW including the aqua theater. My only recommendation would have been to go lower deck, either 9 or 10. Deck 12 is pretty high. You will have access to the secret balcony on Deck 12 though.

Archived