Prague hotels & Nuremberg transfer

jc719

We are booked on Viking pride Danube (Nuremberg-Budapest) in August. I'd like to start in Prague using frequent flyer miles for the hotel (Hilton or Marriott). But getting from PRG-NUR is the problem. Viking won't sell me the transfers only with the hotel. Any ideas?

Also, any thoughts on Hilton vs Marriott vs Renaissance in PRG?

I just returned from Germany last week. A river cruise sounds wonderful. I do see some possible issues to be aware of. August is the peak for travel in Europe and getting those free Hotel deals with a miles card can prove to be difficult. Book early if possible. Another alternative would be to use Priceline for a Hotel in Prauge. I have seen where people have won bids for the four star Hotels (Hilton) for under $100 a night. Note: Hotels with what we call "air conitioning" are hard to come by. Most of these places have circulated air which on a August day can be very warm. Be prepared. This is probably why most Europeans eat late (8:30pm to 9:30pm). By 10:00pm the evening air is starting to cool. Tim

Hi,

Take the train! Here´s a link to the German Train company (Deutsche Bahn):

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Insert "Praha" and "Nuernberg". You may have to change the train once or twice but there´s also a direct connection depending on which time you want to leave Prague.

There aren´t any direct flights out of Prague. If you want to fly you have to fly to Munich and change there to Nuermberg. But I guess it´ll take you more time to fly than to take the train.

steamboats

Archived