Laundry In Skagway?

kendy

We will be on the Radiance, which has no self service laundry. Because we are traveling 19 days total and Skagway will be day 7 it might be a good time to have a few things done. We are trying to keep everyone to 1 medium suitcase.

We are renting a car to drive to the Yukon (thank you Murray) and thought if we could find a place that would do laundry we could drop in the AM and pick-up in the afternoon. Am I dreaming or is there such a place in Skagway?

As always Thanks for the help!

There is a laundry in Skagway. It is located on Second Avenue, just off State Street. I think about 3 blocks from the cruise ship dock. I don't recall if there was someone there you could leave your laundry with to be done, but if Budget Queen is out here, she'll know for sure.

I called the laundrymat and asked if they had a drop off service. They stopped it about 2 years ago. The lady said it takes about 30 minutes to wash and 30 minutes to dry, $2 each. I was in Skagway on 6.8, but our 2 year old did better than we thought and we did not have to wash:) We also rented a car and you will love the journey.

Yep, I go here every trip, they even know me. :) It is located at 2nd and State. 1 block from the Red Onion, across the street. They have wonderful propane dryers and I most often get done in a little over an hour. The dryers opposite 2nd St windows are the fastest. Company name- Services Unlimited. 907-983-2595

They also are the only gas station.

Budget Queen...What would you recommend is the best time to go there? I would imagine the laundromat gets quite busy when there are 3 or 4 cruise ships in town at the same time! We have a car rented to do Emerald Lake and our ship leaves at 8 PM. Any suggestions?

>>I would imagine the laundromat gets quite busy when there are 3 or 4 cruise ships in town at the same time!<<

There were 4 ships in when we were there 3 weeks ago, and we were the only ones in the laundramat at about 11 a.m.

Murray

Murray, Thanks for your quick response. I'm suprised to hear it wasn't very busy! Since the NCL Spirit doesn't offer self-serve laundromats on board, I figure doing laundry in Skagway will be a great way be able to pack half the amount of clothes as it is exactly in the middle of our 10 day vacation! Hope we have it as easy, there, as you did.

Archived