Disembarking A Cruise To Catch A Flight

chrismakris

Hello all,

My wife and I are going to be on a cruise in January and would like to leave the same day from San Juan.

We are hoping to use points to catch a flight that same day but the schedule has the flight leaving at approximately 12 noon. We would like to be at the airport 2 hours before hand.

I know there is a certain procedure to disembarking but can a cruise ship accommodate that request and how do we make that request?

Thank you all,

Chris

When the ship delivers departure information to your cabin it will allow you to indicate you have an early flight and be among the first group called for departure. In addition some ports allow you to walk off the ship if you can manage all of your luggage yourself. That group is first off the ship.

There are plenty of taxi's outside the port so getting to the airport to make a noon flight shouldn't be a problem.

If you've never flown out of San Juan there is an additional baggage inspection at the airport. You'll find information on that in the Ports of Call forum. Click on Caribbean and then scroll down to San Juan.

Hope this helps.

you will have NO problem making the flight. We have flown out of SJ several times even with a 10:30 flight had NO problem. We did express walk off and grab a taxi(price to airport is already set so no problem there) Maybe 15-20 minutes at the most to the airport.

Archived