Baggage

flgirl66

How much can you carry?:p

Check thru is limited to 50pound bags, up to four. Must be stored in your cabin. Under the bed is a good place to store luggage.

Carry on are limited to bags that measure 16x24xwhatever, They need to fit thru the xray machine.

Carry on anything you cannot lose.

Passports, documents, electronics, meds, change of clothing

Also all drinks must be carried on. up to 12- 20oz bottles of water/soda per person and 1 750ml bottle of wine per those over 21.

We each bring on a 22" carryon and a tote bag/backpack.

How much can you carry?:p

Check thru is limited to 50pound bags, up to four. Must be stored in your cabin. Under the bed is a good place to store luggage.

Carry on are limited to bags that measure 16x24xwhatever, They need to fit thru the xray machine.

Carry on anything you cannot want to lose.

Passports, documents, electronics, meds, change of clothing

Also all drinks must be carried on. up to 12- 20oz bottles of water/soda per person and 1 750ml bottle of wine per those over 21.

when did this start? I see they RECOMMEND 50 lbs, but they never weigh bags.

I never heard of a limit to check in either.

This is copied from Carnival's FAQ site.

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

This is copied from Carnival's FAQ site.

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

Encouraged but it's not mandatory.

How many bags are you allowed to check in and carry on per person

What do recommend to bring for carry on?

As one person mentioned below, pack light. My first cruise, you would have thought I was going to be gone for several months. I didn't wear half the stuff I brought with me. Please don't over pack, you won't need it all. For my upcoming cruise, I'm taking one large suitcase to check and my carryon. If I can convince my DH, I'm thinking of us getting one large suitcase for the both of us and then each of us having our own carryon bags.

How many bags are you allowed to check in and carry on per person

What do recommend to bring for carry on?

Pack half the clothing you planned on taking and twice the amount of

money, and you'll be in good shape. I never carry on more than a large

tote or purse containing my cash, medicines, camera, jewelry and phone.

There is a good chance luggage will arrive well before dinner, and if it

doesn't, just go as you are. They are VERY casual on boarding day.;)

Pack half the clothing you planned on taking and twice the amount of

money, and you'll be in good shape. I never carry on more than a large

tote or purse containing my cash, medicines, camera, jewelry and phone.

There is a good chance luggage will arrive well before dinner, and if it

doesn't, just go as you are. They are VERY casual on boarding day.;)

I'll change this around a little...

Pack...then unpack HALF of what you packed, trust me on this one.

As far as money...yes...twice the amount of money you had planned.

Personally I have an envelope of cash for each port of call that we visit. I also have a shipboard envelope of cash as well for a backup to my S&S card since I don't have my CC attached to that account.

At the end of the trip I'll combine all the left over cash from each...and depending on the cabin service I'll give that as an extra tip.

At the end of my Legend cruise I ended up tipping our cabin steward an extra $100 because he was outstanding.

Archived