Cave Tubing in Belize - Long Walk

twenty cruises

We went cave tubing in Belize last year in May and the walk in the summer heat was just about as much as I could tolerate. We walked through the forest on a rocky path took about 45 minutes (at least) while carrying my tube and wearing my life jacket (finally decided to leave the life jacket off and carry it along with the tube). Does anyone know of any companies that offer a cave tubing excursion without a long walk before the actual cave tubing begins?

All of the cave tube operators use the same Cave Branch River system. Its the same walk regardless who you use with the exception of "X-treme cave tubing" they take an additional 5-10 min hike to do a total of 2 cave systems for an additional time of about 10-15 mins on the river. I have done this 3 times and have a 4th trip scheduled for June. This is NOT that bad at all. It takes 30-40 mins depending on how slow people in your group are. The way is easy...nothing strenuous at all for the average person. No hill climbs or anything like that. Its all pretty smooth walking with the occasional rut or rock. Yes it can be humid...it is the rain forest. I took my 55 year old mother with me and she didnt have any issues at all (and she is not a very active person at all). We did have an older couple (id guess early to mid 60's) who were overweight that were having a hard time with the walk because of the heat but everyone else in the group had no issues. If you can walk the mall...you can do this hike.

Thank you or your input on where all the companies start their cave tubing tours. However, I must disagree that if you can walk the air condition mall you can walk this excursion without difficulty. Maybe so, but take water as we felt it was very hot in May. But again, thank you for taking time to respond to my question.

We did cave tubing this past February--Was just myself and wife (and our Guider Leo from .bz)on the tour (we did Belize on our own--not part of a cruise) and found it to be a very relaxing walk. We are 40 and 35 and found it to be very relaxing walk. It was warm out, but having living in Nicaragua for the past 1.5 yrs, we are quite used to warm temps!

Ok, I may be wrong on this, but it sounds to me like you are asking a question that is totally different than what people have responded with.

You have already stated that you did this excursion, so therefore you already know what it's like to walk to the entrance where you start tubing.

It ask if there's a company that takes you there without the long walk. Everyone starts at the same place and has to walk to the area you get in the tubes. There's not a company that can take you and drop you off exactly where you get in the water to tube down it.

However, there are different entrances along the way. When you come to the Y in the trail, they usually ask you if you want to get in there or keep going on down. If you go on down, this is where you will get to "taste" the termites from the next and also hold the live tarantula. If you did either of these things along the way, then you went the entire way. If not, then you probably entered at the first stop.

If you were having a problem with the walk (not only because of the heat) but because of having to carry the tubes, you could find a company that will carry the tubes for you. We went with .bz and when we did, they did ask us if we needed help carrying them. You could always email the company that you are interested in using and see if they are willing to carry them for you making it an easier walk. :)

We just did the VIV cave tubing two weeks ago. It was an incredible experience but it was a forty minute walk to the water area. VIV doesn't make you carry the tubes the whole way but for a good ten minutes we had them. I'm on the shorter side and the tube was almost as tall as me. I was getting tired by the end of the walk but I'm a very determined person and wouldn't ask for help. My husband said that if we had to walk much longer that he would have taken my tube along with his. Don't let this discourage you but be prepared for a forty minute walk.

I took along my 80 year old mother and an 89 year old friend with cavetubing.bz (I think), they carried our tubes and the walk didn't seem as long as I would have thought. It was hot but the relaxing ride was worth it. Just glad we did not have to walk back. Lots of fun.

Archived