Canada/Northeast 2006

I've just started research for a cruise in the summer of 2006 and can't find much online yet. We know we'd like to do Canada & NE United States. Does anyone have some great recommendations--favorite cruiseline, favorite ports, what will be sailing next summer? Thanks Shari

IMHO if you can do a one-way or a longer round trip that goes down St Lawrence Seaway to Quebec City that would be my first choice... Quebec City is soo charming and old world.. If you can't do that at least do a 7-day that goes to Halifax, Sydney or Charlottetown, maybe Newfoundland and hits either Bar Harbor or St John, New Brunswick. I also like Portland ME although others have found it less charming... we did this two years ago so feel free to ask any questions...

I've just started research for a cruise in the summer of 2006 and can't find much online yet. We know we'd like to do Canada & NE United States. Does anyone have some great recommendations--favorite cruiseline, favorite ports, what will be sailing next summer? Thanks Shari

We just booked thru Princess, a 10 day from Quebec to NY, leaving Oct 8th. This should be the peak of the foilage season and a great time to sail. Not all online travel agents have the Princess dates yet, but if you search enough you can find them, or call Princess direct.

RonC

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked the Sept 28...NY to Quebec. I can't wait. I've wanted to do this cruise for quite a while now. My TA had all the info and rates for booking about a week ago.

dpro...How are you handling your air? Did you add on Princess air? I just used all my miles for Europe and I know these open-jaws can be expensive.

Kathy

For those of you who have done the Canada/New England cruise, do you think this itinerary is one that kids would enjoy? I have two boys, ages 13 and 11. Hubby and I just did an Alaskan cruise and we are looking to take the kids on a cruise but not sure if this is a good itinerary for pre-teens. I know they would definitely like the cruise ship though. Also wondering if Royal Carribean is doing this itinerary for 2006? Thanks

Archived