Best Western - Chateau Granville

Hello all,

I was wondering what are your recent experiences with this hotel?

My family consists of 5 of us (3 under the age of 10) and trying to find a suitable hotel room for us at a decent price has been very difficult. The only other hotel that has a room that would fit us is the Sheraton Wall Centre. Are there any other hotels closer to the port that would fit a family of 5 without breaking the bank?

Ideally near public transit as we would like to spend the afternoon of our day before the cruise visiting the sites (probably Science World) and we won't have a car.

Thanks.

Hello all,

My family consists of 5 of us (3 under the age of 10) and trying to find a suitable hotel room for us at a decent price has been very difficult. The only other hotel that has a room that would fit us is the Sheraton Wall Centre. Are there any other hotels closer to the port that would fit a family of 5 without breaking the bank?

Ideally near public transit as we would like to spend the afternoon of our day before the cruise visiting the sites (probably Science World) and we won't have a car.

Thanks.

Something to consider is the YWCA hotel. they have a quint room (5 singles) for $150-175 (depending on date), and some double/doubles for a little less. It's one block from Stadium Skytrain (which itself it one stop from Science World) not fancy, but clean and comfortable. http://www.ywcahotel.com/content/DAILY_RATES/964

Hello all,

Thanks.

I probably won't want to stay at the Château Granville with my wife and children...it is in the entertainment district and has a history of drugs and prostitution. You may want to look at the Best Western-Dowtown on Drake St., or perhaps the Rosedale on Robson, the latter being a suite type hotel with moderate pricing.

I would not stay at the Best Western on Granville, no matter what the cost. Very bad element on the street outside, and the hotel is a long way past its best before date. Another option might be the Sunset Inn and Suites on Burnaby ST. Friends stayed there last fall before a Zuiderdam cruise; a large one bedroom apartment with a queen size bed in the bedroom, and 2 queensized hideabed sofas. A full kitchen. They loved it and it worked for the family. Very clean and quiet.

Archived