Marigot Questions

Jenjer

We have always made St Martin a beach day but want to do a little eating and shopping this time.

I know I can go to the Taxi stand and get a taxi over to Margot. About how much do they charge for 8 people? We want to go to Sarafina's for some Yummies and do some shopping. Where does the taxi's drop you? can we ask to be dropped at Sarafina's? What time do the stores open?

Are there any of the normal cruise ship shops in Marigot? Del Sol specifically.

Then we want to go accrossed the island to Orient Bay how much will that cost? Is there a taxi stand in Marigot? About how much will it cost?

Thank You so much for your advice.

Not sure of the exact amounts for the taxi. However, have you considered renting a car? My wife and I did that when we wanted to go to Marigot on our honeymoon. It's pretty easy to get around, and the car rental for the day was cheaper than the taxi fare there and another one back.

JM

You might want to think about renting a car - Hertz has a facility at the pier , probably about $65-70 all in fol a compact. Much more convenient, and probably cheaper than multiple taxis. You would want to reserve on line to be sure of availability. There are lots of other rental outfits, but for some of them you have to be ferried a London distance to pick up the car, and some of them are really junky.

Same suggestion from me - rent a car. Coastal has a facility right off the ship. They are very friendly and have nice vehicles - GPS is only $5 extra and has all the sights preprogrammed. Driving is on the right and is not difficult at all in St. Martin. We have rented a car many times - easiest island to drive in my opinion. I think last time our car from Coastal was $50+/-. We were all over the island - great day!

Archived