Tauck river cruise question

top of the world

We are planning a Danube cruise for 2014, but planning on doing the pre- and post-cruise days on our own. Some company will tell you how much money to deduct if you don't want to reserve with them for the time before and after the cruise, but I didn't see anything on the Tauck website about that, only their price including 2 days in Prague and 2 days in Budapest.

Would anybody know if you can take the cruise only and how to figure out the cost of the cruise?

We want to compare apples to apples!!!

Thanks.

We are planning a Danube cruise for 2014, but planning on doing the pre- and post-cruise days on our own. Some company will tell you how much money to deduct if you don't want to reserve with them for the time before and after the cruise, but I didn't see anything on the Tauck website about that, only their price including 2 days in Prague and 2 days in Budapest.

Would anybody know if you can take the cruise only and how to figure out the cost of the cruise?

Thanks.

What you appear to be looking at is a total tour package. I would call Tauck and ask if they offer only the cruise portion and what the price would be.

Terri

Thanks.

Tauck's pre- and post cruise days include special events which I doubt one would be able to replicate independently.

Personally, I would not want to miss them.

I agree that you will want to do the whole Tauck trip. The two pre and post cruises days are part of the trip and not just a hotel room that's been booked through the cruise line. You will have expert local guides, get to know your tour directors, and have some unique experiences. I love Tauck's dining plan on tours where you often eat a la carte at fabulous restaurants. The hotels are always super as well including being well situated for the free time you have.

Would anybody know if you can take the cruise only and how to figure out the cost of the cruise?[/size]

I just recently booked my first river cruise also and looked into Tauck. Tauck did not offer a cruise only option for the cruise I wanted so I booked on AMA instead. My TA told me they only sell the cruise as its advertised. If it's not advertised with the option for a cruise only, then no.

I want to do a precruise on my own; not with a group. Although I'm sure Tauck's land tour is wonderful, its not what we wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Tauck Amsterdam to Budapest cruise. The first night of the cruise was in Amsterdam but we were on the boat and the last night was in Budapest and we stayed on the boat.

We did 3 days pre cruise in Amsterdam which we booked on our own and at a non Tauck hotel. Tauck provided a transfer from the airport to our hotel which was amazing service and completely unexpected when we booked the trip. We did have to get a taxi to the boat on the day of embarkation but it was much cheaper than the transfer from the airport.

We booked 3 days post trip at the same hotel Tauck uses but booked it separately. Tauck provided transfers to the hotel and then to the airport when we left.

I hope this helps you.

Archived