Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

People who expect compensation are exactly the ones who should purchase insurance. Especially on an expensive vacation. But they don't and then whine that an exception should be made for them.

This is ridiculous on a couple of levels. First of all, travel insurance doesn't reimburse you if only certain amenities (eg waterworks, internet, etc.) are unavailable. Second, why is it "whining" to expect to be reimbursed for things that you paid for? If you went to a movie and there is no sound would you happily sit through it and smile?

This is ridiculous on a couple of levels. First of all, travel insurance doesn't reimburse you if only certain amenities (eg waterworks, internet, etc.) are unavailable. Second, why is it "whining" to expect to be reimbursed for things that you paid for? If you went to a movie and there is no sound would you happily sit through it and smile?

If it was a musical, yes. :p

We were waiting impatiently for the Europe plans to be announced and now that we know, it simplifies our cruise planning for next year.

The Elation schedule has been posted, so it shouldn't be long.

We currently have one cruise booked for the fall and a mock booking for the Sunshine. We usually have 3 cruises booked so this is really unusual for us to have only the one solid booking. It's what gets us through the long NY winters lol

My Sisters room was changed. She didn't say why. Don't think it had anything to do with slides though. There is no way that there were 2 hour lines at the customer service desk because slides were not working. Do you?

What could be important enough to make a person stand in line for two hours ??? Isn't the service desk equipped with phones and aren't they open 24/7 ?

What could be important enough to make a person stand in line for two hours ??? Isn't the service desk equipped with phones and aren't they open 24/7 ?

It's Carnival. People see a line forming and they just naturally cue up. :p

What about cancel for any reason insurance? Besides, if they purchase the wrong insurance it will give them something else to whine about.

Well you can expect anything you want. Your definition of what you think is fair and there's may be way different. They hold the chops. Read your cruise contract. I think $150 obc for no waterworks is way more than fair

There were postings that said that water was leaking in some cabins. If my DH's professional camera and lens got wet and ruined and the only chance to get it replaced was to spend 2 hours in line on his vacation he would do it. I wouldn't think that something like that would be handled with just a phone call.

There were postings that said that water was leaking in some cabins. If my DH's professional camera and lens got wet and ruined and the only chance to get it replaced was to spend 2 hours in line on his vacation he would do it. I wouldn't think that something like that would be handled with just a phone call.

I would think it would make more sense to go to the desk when they aren't that busy. Better yet would be to call and request someone to check your cabin. they will have to do that anyway to verify the damage.

Well you can expect anything you want. Your definition of what you think is fair and there's may be way different. They hold the chops. Read your cruise contract. I think $150 obc for no waterworks is way more than fair

It would be fair for me, I never use the slides, It cuts into my drinking time. Hovever it would not be fair for my sister and her young family. Her teens spend the entire afternoon at the waterpark, and if it were closed they would be miserable and they would make their parents miserable and they would be miserable sitting next to me making me and my wife miserable and soon we would be one big miserable family. Then at dinner they would ask 10 times 'will the waterpark be open tomorrow'---' I dont know eat your dinner'. Later at the show 'will the waterpark be open tomorrow'---' I dont know , watch the show'. And on and on! No fun, and I would end up drinking every dime of that $150. OBC. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY

Why would Americans spend the money to fly to Europe to spend the afternoon at a water park on a cruise ship? Yes, I know there are other nationalities, but it is primarily American passengers on the ship.

Guest Services is open 24 hours a day and I don't believe for a second that there was a 2 hour wait around the clock.

It would be fair for me, I never use the slides, It cuts into my drinking time. Hovever it would not be fair for my sister and her young family. Her teens spend the entire afternoon at the waterpark, and if it were closed they would be miserable and they would make their parents miserable and they would be miserable sitting next to me making me and my wife miserable and soon we would be one big miserable family. Then at dinner they would ask 10 times 'will the waterpark be open tomorrow'---' I dont know eat your dinner'. Later at the show 'will the waterpark be open tomorrow'---' I dont know , watch the show'. And on and on! No fun, and I would end up drinking every dime of that $150. OBC. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY

This is the best reason given in this whole thread, why every venue needs to be up and running before sailing. No amount of OBC will EVER compensate for the "tormented parent" factor.

Send the teens to "obedience school" !! That is what DW does to me, and it works !!:D

This is the best reason given in this whole thread, why every venue needs to be up and running before sailing. No amount of OBC will EVER compensate for the "tormented parent" factor.

Based on numbers from JH for the Legend, there are probably under 50 kids aboard the ship for this sailing.

I would think it would make more sense to go to the desk when they aren't that busy. Better yet would be to call and request someone to check your cabin. they will have to do that anyway to verify the damage.

Do you honestly think that people would be standing in line for 2 hours if they were getting their problems answered with a phone call. Come on, your not serious, right?

Very well said!!! Hopefully the waterworks will be sorted before your post becomes my reality!!!!

Hey I understand. Both what they want and your drinking when nobody's happy.

Also understand its your vacation. Just really saying they hold all the cards and do what they think Is fair

Do you honestly think that people would be standing in line for 2 hours if they were getting their problems answered with a phone call. Come on, your not serious, right?

Yes !! I am serious !!! Some people just don't seem to realize that their problems can be solved in a much less stressful way than standing in line for long periods of time.

A little common sense would dictate that you take your problems to someone who can correct them and then allow those in charge to handle it.

YOur example of the camera is a good one. Does anyone think that the service desk will have that type of camera and simply hand it over without having the proper party investigate and determine if it was actually damaged due to a cruise line fault, or if it was done otherwise.

Standing in line for two hours with this type of problem is not a smart way to do it.

The people at the service desk will report your problems to the proper department. They do not handle the corrections themselves, so your choice of how you allocate your time is yours. I say there are many better ways to handle your issues.

Posted by John 2 hours ago on FB, in reply to a question

John Heald The Serenity deck is open and all is working there including the pool. Thewaterslide is not working yet but there are hopes that in the next day or so this and the Skycourse will open. I hope you saw the photos of the Carnival Sunshine on my blog yesterday and there will be more on Monday. You will love the ship and yes, you will have a brilliant time. cheers

John Heald The Serenity deck is open and all is working there including the pool. Thewaterslide is not working yet but there are hopes that in the next day or so this and the Skycourse will open. I hope you saw the photos of the Carnival Sunshine on my blog yesterday and there will be more on Monday. You will love the ship and yes, you will have a brilliant time. cheers

Thanks for updating us!!!

wheres your blog i want to see the pics

Archived