Gay & lesbian traveling together

MSlady

Please humor me because I'm totally new to gay cruising and would love some answers. I've cruised before, but only with my straight friend. I'm a mature aged lesbian who has a college aged gay friend. Despite our age difference we have so much fun together and for his college graduation in December I would love to treat him to a cruise. My questions: are there gay cruises that cater to both lesbians and gay men, or would it be better to just book a "normal" cruise? I guess what I'm asking is, are lesbians welcome on gay cruises or would I feel totally out of place? We would both like the experience of a gay cruise, but I need to know if that's feasible. What cruise lines do you recommend? I've only cruised on Carnival and would like to try a different line. Thanks for any help or advice!

While I am by no means college-aged anymore, I too am cruising with my bestie this fall... also a "mature aged lesbian." Should be a hoot n' a half!

Please humor me because I'm totally new to gay cruising and would love some answers. I've cruised before, but only with my straight friend. I'm a mature aged lesbian who has a college aged gay friend. Despite our age difference we have so much fun together and for his college graduation in December I would love to treat him to a cruise. My questions: are there gay cruises that cater to both lesbians and gay men, or would it be better to just book a "normal" cruise? I guess what I'm asking is, are lesbians welcome on gay cruises or would I feel totally out of place? We would both like the experience of a gay cruise, but I need to know if that's feasible. What cruise lines do you recommend? I've only cruised on Carnival and would like to try a different line. Thanks for any help or advice!

Well to answer your question....gay cruises are specific charter dates on specific ships so you can't just pick any ship or cruise line. You have to book what the charter offers. Both Atlantis and RSVP offer all-gay charters and yes, lesbian and straights are more than welcome; however, you will be in the minority. As long as you are comfortable being around mostly gay men you should be fine. There is also a lot of women crew staff & entertainers so shouldn't feel completely like a fish out of water. I think RSVP tends to caters to higher percentage of women vs Atlantis. I've seen women on my cruises before and they seem to be having a good time. I really can't see why you wouldn't. The ship offers all the same activities as the regular sailing however, the evening themed parties and entertainment are catered more to a gay crowd. This crowd is not an early to bed; to early to rise crowd. It's a high energy party atmosphere at night, but very relaxed during the day. The passengers are a very mixed from 21 to 80 years; couples/singles, all body types and styles, a few lesbians, straights along for the ride. I've even met a guy who brought his mother.....whatever. :) Everyone seems very friendly and approachable plus I've meet people from all other the world on these charters.

The other option is doing a gay "group" cruise on a regular straight sailing. Several travel agents offer these as an alternative to the all-gay charter. They offer a tour host and seat everyone in the dining room together along with private cocktails and shore tours. Again mostly men; but women at certainly welcome and present. These are very specific sailing dates and ships throughout the year. Just google "gay group cruises" for agencies, prices and itineraries. These would be probably be a better chose if you want a more mixed crowd vs the high energy all-gay charters. However, either are fun and highly recommended.

I have never gone on one but I meet up with a mixed group every week and they say The Pied Piper cruise are great. You are on a mixed ship with other gay and lesbian as well as straight people. We went on the Liberty of the Seas in February and we were about 125 gay and lesbians of varying ages and had a ball.

Congratulations to the graduate!

I have never gone on one but I meet up with a mixed group every week and they say The Pied Piper cruise are great. You are on a mixed ship with other gay and lesbian as well as straight people. We went on the Liberty of the Seas in February and we were about 125 gay and lesbians of varying ages and had a ball.

Congratulations to the graduate!

My spouse and I (lesbian couple) took our first Pied Piper cruise last spring (a TA) and enjoyed it so much we have another TA booked with them this fall. PP's clientele is mostly male, and on the TA last year, out of a PP group of about three dozen, we were the only lesbians booked with them, but we still had a great time. If I were looking for a cruise with a gay male friend, I'd definitely consider Pied Piper.

You will be very welcome on an RSVP gay charter! As was stated women will be in the minority but they are treated well. On our last cruise we had a transgendered lesbian lesbian and she had a fun time.

Go for it. :)

As a bi married couple, we will be on the Atlantis cruise and would certainly welcome you.

Hawaii 2010 (nude cruise)

BOFI 2011 (nude cruise)

FF2 2011 (nude cruise)

BNB 2013 (Big Nude Boat)

Nude Amsterdam #8002

• 2 years later...