Mazatlan, Mexico

Sitmar Lady

Has anyone heard of Princess bringing back Mazatlan as a part of their Mexican Riviera itinerary? If so, do you know when?

I have read that HAL is going to dip their toes back in the water for MZT starting in 2014. The article did a good job discussing what added security measures they will add at the dock and in the MZT area in general. If all goes well Id imagine others will follow.

I read that HAL and Carnival are also neogotiating with Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) for some Sea of Cortez cruises from there.

I am a big fan of Mazatlan, so I hope all of the cruise lines return to that port. Stone Island is like going back about 50 years in time !!

Holland goes to many more ports in Mexico than Princess. Hualtuco and Puerto Morales (Chiapas) are two. I guess they are not afraid like Princess.

Princess is introducing 10 night itineriaries with some Sea of Cortez destinations like La Paz in 2014.

Princess also plans to return in 2014.

Cruise News Shorts: Mazatlan Returns, Cunard Ups Tips and Other Cruise News

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5324

Despite what CC said, these are the Mexico cruises listed for 2014-2015:

Crown Princess - 14 Cruises - 7 Day - Los Angeles, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada, Los Angeles

Star Princess - 4 Cruises - 10 Day - San Francisco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, San Francisco

Golden Princess - 1 Cruise - 10 Day - Los Angeles, San Diego, Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, Loreto, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles

I don't see any Mazatlan there :(

Archived