Bus schedule/map?

Choozin Croozin

I swear i saw a post that had a link to a [B]map[/B] of where all the different bus lines run on the island. It had all the different color lines on it. I can find the one that lists when they run but has no map. I want to go from ship to turtle farm to sting ray tour and back to ship. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know. thnx

Time remaining 'til Mariner of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;03;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I agree. I thought I had seen that too, but haven't found it in my searching. Maybe we saw it in a guide book?

I think you would take either the yellow or lime bus route to get to the Turtle Farm. Then just take it back to town to catch your Stingray tour. Should be relatively easy.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
'til Enchantment of the Seas cruise!!!

Thanks, I'm sure that I can figure it out when I get there. I just kind of wanted to have everything planned out ahead of time. May it was on the Cozumel board that we saw it. ???

Time remaining 'til Mariner of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;03;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='sea_u_onboard']Anyone able to help? I would sure be interested in the bus schedule.[/QUOTE]

They really aren't "buses" like you would see in an American city. They are vans that take at most 12 people. There didn't seem to be a set schedule. I took one from Georgetown to Public Beach (on 7 mile) to meet up with a dive operator. The van didn't leave until it was full. You can find where the buses leave from by walking from the tender dock 1 block to the left and 2 blocks in from the shore. Just ask a local. The cost was $2.50 Tell the driver where want to go and he'll let you off at your destination.

[font=Arial][size=4]I found these while searching the web - but wish I could find something more concrete.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]First -[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]In October 1998, Grand Cayman launched its first-ever official public bus transportation system. The new bus terminal is located adjacent the Public Library on Edward St. in downtown George Town and serves as the dispatch point for buses to all districts. There are 38 mini-buses operated by 24 licensed operators, serving eight routes. Daily service starts at 6 a.m. from the depot and the schedule is as follows from George Town to West Bay: every 15 minutes, 6 a.m. - 11 p.m., Sunday - Thursday; 6 a.m. - midnight, Fri. & Sat. Fare is CI$1.50/US$ 1.88 each way (subject to change). [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]Another site states - [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]The new system uses color - coded logos located on the front and rear of buses to identify routes. Route 1 (yellow) while Route 2 (lime green) cover George Town to West Bay. Route 1 (yellow) goes directly by the Turtle Farm and Route 2 (lime green) will charge an extra CI$ 1.00/US$ 1.25 to stop at the Turtle Farm. Licensed buses are identified by blue license plates. To maintain consistency in fares, each bus must display a fare table outlining standard government-authorized fares. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]The bus will stop for you anytime you're on the main road as there are no designated bus stops.[/size][/font]

In October 1998, Grand Cayman launched its first ever official public bus transportation system. The new bus terminal is located adjacent the Public Library on Edward St. in downtown George Town and serves as the dispatch point for buses to all districts. There are 38 mini-buses operated by 24 licensed operators, serving eight routes. Daily service starts at 6:00am from the depot. The schedule is as follows:

From George Town to:

[b][color=#000080]West Bay[/color][/b] - every 15 minutes. Fare is CI$1.50 each way.
6:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday - Thursday.
6:00am - midnight, Friday and Saturday.

[b][color=#000080]Bodden Town[/color][/b] - Every 30 minutes. Fare is CI$1.50 each way.
6:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday - Thursday.
6:00am - midnight, Friday and Saturday.

[b][color=#000080]East End and North Side[/color][/b] - Every hour. Fare is CI$2 each way.
6:00am - 9:00pm, Sunday - Thursday as well as Saturday.
On Friday, buses will operate until after Midnight.

The new system uses colour coded logos located on the front/rear of buses to identify routes as follows:

[b][color=#000033]Route 1[/color][/b] - (yellow) covers George Town to West Bay and along 7 Mile Beach.
[b][color=#000033]Route 2 [/color][/b]- (lime green) also covers George Town to West Bay and along 7 Mile Beach.
[b][color=#000033]Route 3[/color][/b] - (blue) provides service between the depot in George Town and Bodden Town.
[b][color=#000033]Route 4[/color][/b] - (purple) operates between the depot and East End.
[b][color=#000033]Route 5[/color][/b] - (red) goes from the depot to East End and North Side.
[b][color=#000033]Route 6[/color][/b] - (dark green) operates from North Side to West Bay.
[b][color=#000033]Route 7[/color][/b] - (dark green with white numbers) is an inter-district service for George Town.
[b][color=#000033]Route 8[/color][/b] - (orange) runs from the depot to Hutland in North Side.

Licenses buses are identified by new blue licence plates. To maintain consistency in fares, each bus must display a fare table outlining standard government-authorized fares.

NOTE: When I was there in June US was $1.25 to every dollar Cayman. So the fare will be about $2.50 US - but I read that if you give three - don't expect change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]rum factory is next to the turtle farm. i dont think buses go to hell just taxis and tour buses. hell is only 1 to 1-1/2 miles away, me and wife walked it wasnt far for us.[/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]if you are walking from the town to turtle farm its a long walk, it could be done, but buses are cheaper $2.50 pp to the farm. then walk to the farm to hell then we walked to West Bay Public Beach couple blocks south of the beach there is a IGA grocery store across street you can catch the bus.[/size][/font]

Archived