Hotels in San Diego near the pier??

hardingk

On January 1, 2006 we are booked into the Sheraton Suites before our 11 night cruise on Mercury. It seems to be fairly close to the airport and the cruise terminal. Any comments?

My wife and I have stayed at the Sheraton Suites. Nice hotel, nice rooms. It is about 12 or so blocks from the Cruise Ship Terminal. About a $10.00 cab ride from the airport. If time permits, try Cafe Cerise, on Sixth, between "B" and "C" streets. SS is in 700 block on "A."

Judy -

You have to give us a review when you get back on the hotel! You will have a great time in Hawaii! Do you have any excursions planned yet?

Hi Hardingk,

Will try to give a review when we return. Excursions planned are:

Kauai- Movie tour-4 by 4 including helicopter ride -full day

Honolulu-Pearl Harbor

Hilo-Volcanoes National Park

Kailua,Kona- Snorkel Tour or Reef Cruise

Maui- Iao Valley State Park, Maui Tropical Plantation & Maui Ocean Center

Still doing my homework. Nothing is booked yet. :)

My wife and I have stayed at the Sheraton Suites. Nice hotel, nice rooms. It is about 12 or so blocks from the Cruise Ship Terminal. About a $10.00 cab ride from the airport. If time permits, try Cafe Cerise, on Sixth, between "B" and "C" streets. SS is in 700 block on "A."

Hello Bengoshi,

I see from your signature that you are going to Hawaii in October! Let us know about the Infinity. Do you have any ideas about excursions to take?

This is an exciting trip!

Judy

Hi Hardingk,

Will try to give a review when we return. Excursions planned are:

Kauai- Movie tour-4 by 4 including helicopter ride -full day

Honolulu-Pearl Harbor

Hilo-Volcanoes National Park

Kailua,Kona- Snorkel Tour or Reef Cruise

Maui- Iao Valley State Park, Maui Tropical Plantation & Maui Ocean Center

Still doing my homework. Nothing is booked yet. :)

Hi Judy -

Here is my feedback, if you want it:

Kauai - Movie tour is great, a friend took it. Helicopter tour is a must!! We booked it through an outside vendor and saved a bundle. ( I can give you the info in you want.) The views are amazing.

Honolulu - Pearl Harbor a must...bring tissues, it was amazing.

Hilo - A friend did this an loved it, we went to akaka falls, mauna loa factory, and 2 botantical gardens. It was a great trip!

Kona - we went to The Place of Reuge, I think it was called in English. It was nice. Driving along the coast was beautiful. We ate at bubba gumps!

Maui - I wanted to do Iao Valley State Park, Maui Tropical Plantation & Maui Ocean Center but we ended up biking down Mt. Haluakuala (sp?) AMAZING!!, Lanai Dolphin snorkel, and we went to the Old Lahiana Luau (Also AMAZING!!), I was glad that we decided to do this, bc heard others talking negativly about the tours they had done to Iao Valley State Park & Maui Tropical Plantation.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any other advice!

Judy, I'm booked into the HIOB in October. I bid on Priceline and it was half the cost of the best internet price. If you specify the Downtown Area and 3 Star, I believe that is the only one it can pick.

Downside is you will have to take any room and you may miss the view to the ship in the morning.

Phil

Judy, I'm booked into the HIOB in October. I bid on Priceline and it was half the cost of the best internet price. If you specify the Downtown Area and 3 Star, I believe that is the only one it can pick.

Downside is you will have to take any room and you may miss the view to the ship in the morning.

Phil

Hi Excited,

The view is REALLY important to me. There seems to be more than one ship or a convention in San Diego before our cruise and I didn't think any rooms would be available. Checked the website daily, so I'm happy with the room.

Have never used Priceline. Maybe someday I'll try it.

Thanks,

Judy

Hi Judy -

Here is my feedback, if you want it:

Kauai - Movie tour is great, a friend took it. Helicopter tour is a must!! We booked it through an outside vendor and saved a bundle. ( I can give you the info in you want.) The views are amazing.

Honolulu - Pearl Harbor a must...bring tissues, it was amazing.

Hilo - A friend did this an loved it, we went to akaka falls, mauna loa factory, and 2 botantical gardens. It was a great trip!

Kona - we went to The Place of Reuge, I think it was called in English. It was nice. Driving along the coast was beautiful. We ate at bubba gumps!

Maui - I wanted to do Iao Valley State Park, Maui Tropical Plantation & Maui Ocean Center but we ended up biking down Mt. Haluakuala (sp?) AMAZING!!, Lanai Dolphin snorkel, and we went to the Old Lahiana Luau (Also AMAZING!!), I was glad that we decided to do this, bc heard others talking negativly about the tours they had done to Iao Valley State Park & Maui Tropical Plantation.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any other advice!

Kauai- Movie Tour & helicopter from same vendor. Which one did you use?

Honolulu-definite Pearl Harbor-did you go with the ship or outside tour?

Hilo-I need to see the volcanoes! Should we take ship's tour?

Kona-did you use ship's tour or other?

Maui-I guess we'll have to find something else (can't bike-hubby disabled). Did you hear of any other good trips?Luau sounds great-maybe just hang out til Luau? Thanks for the head up on Iao St. Park, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Judy

Kauai- Movie Tour & helicopter from same vendor. Which one did you use? We used Island Helicopter Tours

Honolulu-definite Pearl Harbor-did you go with the ship or outside tour?Went on the ships tour that took us to Pearl Harbor, Chinatown, The palace, and to the cliff. (I forget the exact names, but they are in my review if you look on the review boards under Legend of the Seas 5/04)

Hilo-I need to see the volcanoes! Should we take ship's tour? Our friend took the ships tour.

Kona-did you use ship's tour or other?

In Kona, we went on our own with friends who rented a car.

Maui-I guess we'll have to find something else (can't bike-hubby disabled). Did you hear of any other good trips?Luau sounds great-maybe just hang out til Luau? Thanks for the head up on Iao St. Park, etc. I will look at your excursions and see if anything else sparks my memory for you!

Thanks for your help.

Judy

Not a problem! Let me know if you have any other questions and I will get back to you about the other excursions!

You should!! There is one in Honolulu at the mall, one in Maui in Lahiana, and the one in Kona. We ate at them all, but the one in Kona was the best because it was on the water and if you got a seat outside, they had stale crackers on the table to through out to the fishes & turtles! It was awesome!

You should!! There is one in Honolulu at the mall, one in Maui in Lahiana, and the one in Kona. We ate at them all, but the one in

Kona - Is this Bubba Gumps close to the pier where the ship docks?

I know you said you rented a car on Kona. Is renting a car difficult in Kona?

was the best because it was on the water and if you got a seat outside, they had stale crackers on the table to through out to the fishes & turtles! It was awesome!

Hardingk,

I like this way of inserting answers (or questions). Didn't know you could do it!

Thanks,

Judy

Kona - Is this Bubba Gumps close to the pier where the ship docks?

I know you said you rented a car on Kona. Is renting a car difficult in Kona?

Judy-

The ship tenders in Kona. From where the tenders drop off in Kona, it is a short walk up the main street to Bubba Gump's. Most of the rental companies have shuttles that will meet you where the tenders drop you off and bring you to the rental counters near the airport. It is about a 10+ minsute drive to the rental counters from where the tender port is. However, due to the traffic in Kona; the last shuttle back to thetender pier is at 4:30PM, otherwise they cannot guarentee that they will have you back to the pier in time.

Kimberly

Judy-

The ship tenders in Kona. From where the tenders drop off in Kona, it is a short walk up the main street to Bubba Gump's. Most of the rental companies have shuttles that will meet you where the tenders drop you off and bring you to the rental counters near the airport. It is about a 10+ minsute drive to the rental counters from where the tender port is. However, due to the traffic in Kona; the last shuttle back to thetender pier is at 4:30PM, otherwise they cannot guarentee that they will have you back to the pier in time.

Kimberly

Thanks so much Kimberly. I really appreciate your time. The Southern Carribean cruise should be wonderful!!

Judy

Not a problem!! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Are you doing back to back on the Infinity? What ports are you going to on the Mexican Riviera? Could you give me some feedback on the excursions there?

Archived