Kids sail free for for less?

ginger123snaps

I couldn't say 100% for sure as I have never looked for this type of promotion, but... I have never seen one that offers special rates for children so I'm inclined to say that they do not. Another thing is that Princess caters to a different demographic and don't exactly target children or cruisers with children. That's not to say they are child friendly, it's just that unlike some of the other cruise lines they don't have all of the attractions that children enjoy such as wave pools, rock climbing walls, zip lines etc... Princess is a little quieter, calmer atmosphere than those that cater to children and those with children, so it doesn't seem in line with their strategy to market this type of promotion.

As for Alaska; we did Alaska last year on Princess and in my research leading up to that trip I found prices to drop pretty dramatically as the cruise approached. I think I booked about 6 month out and got a mid-ship balcony for around $900. For the 2014 season you are still about 12 months from the beginning of the season and almost 18 months from the end of that season so I think you have a good chance of seeing better prices as we change the calendar to 2014.

I would prefer another cruise line...however Princess happens to be the only cruise line that has a kids program for ages 3 to 7 grouped into one....since I have a 4 year old and 6 year old twins...this is very important to me. All the other cruiselines divide the group from 3 to 5...and then from 6 to 8. I'm really not interested in wave pools act...too cold for that in Alaska.

We have always been given a third passenger rate for our daughter and as others have said, it's not age-dependent.

I've noticed that whenever I've seen a child sail free fare, it's been for times when my child is in school, so that kind of promotion wouldn't work for us. Plus I think rock climbing walls, etc., would be wasted on our girl (she'll be interested for all of five minutes, from past experience).

One nice thing about Princess ships that are sent to Alaska, most of them do have a pool under a retractable roof. So if the weather if iffy, passengers could still take advantage of the pool.

Archived