Allegrissimo - a la carte/themed restaurants now included

Skipper Tim

I have only just noticed the change in policy re. Allegrissimo for Winter 2013/14.

"Unlimited consumption of a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice-cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues."

These were previously specifically excluded. Also, in the UK, the price of Allegrissimo has dropped from £20/night to £18/night. Are we not drinking enough? A note to myself - must try harder.

Also, in the UK, the price of Allegrissimo has dropped from £20/night to £18/night.

Does that mean we are due a refund then for those that have already paid in advance for them ?

Also, in the UK, the price of Allegrissimo has dropped from £20/night to £18/night.

Does that mean we are due a refund then for those that have already paid in advance for them ?

Sidari, I think you know the answer to that.

Well that's good news. I always have at least one dinner in the a la carte restaurant non Musica Class ships. Although I do get a free meal and 25% discount on one vist with my Black Card, but still a bonus.

Can't believe us Brits are not drinking enough......Tim I read every post on that live for the Fantasia thread you and Duanne co authored and there was a lot of talk of booze! As for me I was averaging 30-40€ most days on my last cruise.

Tim ... Whereabouts did you find the info regarding the drink package on the MSC site ?

It was posted by northerncomfort16 on page 5 of our Armonia roll call (see my signature) but he attributes it to "Daffydd from the Magnifica to Brazil thread". Here is the full text for information.

PREPAID SPECIAL SERVICES WINTER 2013/14

Category

SERVICE Desciption Sale Price GBP CRUISES AVAILABLE ON: For Grand ocean Voyages Conditions of Sale

FORFAIT FOR INDIVIDUALS & GROUPS

CHEERS ADULT: BOTTLED WINE, MINERAL WATER, DRAFT BEER & SOFT DRINKS AT LUNCH AND DINNER

Unlimited consumption of a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including bottled wine (possible selection between 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer and soft drink during lunch and dinner. Treatment is valid in the main onboard restaurants and the self-service buffet. Not valid in à la carte restaurants.

per person /day

GBP 13

MED WINTER-CARIBBEAN-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA

TO ALL WINTER DESTINATIONS / FROM CARIBBEAN-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA

Extended to ALL CABIN OCCUPANTS (ENTIRE FAMILY) or to ALL GROUP MEMBERS

FORFAIT FOR INDIVIDUALS & GROUPS

CHEERS CHILD: SOFT DRINKS & MINERAL WATER

Unlimited soft drinks and mineral water during lunch and dinner. Treatment is valid in the main onboard restaurants and the self-service buffet. Not valid in à la carte restaurants.

per person /day

GBP 7

Extended to ALL CABIN OCCUPANTS (ENTIRE FAMILY) or to ALL GROUP MEMBERS

ALL-INCLUSIVE

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM ADULT ALL INCUSIVE 24 HOURS

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine (from the“by the glass” menu), draught and bottled beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and all drinks from the bar (including champagne cocktails, single malt whiskies, superior brandies and other premium spirits), drinks from your mini bar (except on MSC Melody) and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the ‘Gelateria’ menu and Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues.

per person / day

GBP 33

The service will be carried out by pouring method. The package must be booked before the cruise by all guests occupying the same cabin, belonging to the same booking number and by all guests booked under different bookings' numbers but travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table. It is valid for all days of the cruise, it can not be purchased on a daily base.

Not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, bottles of wine, sparkling wine and champagne, souvenir glasses and drinks served in souvenir glasses, all food consumptions in restaurants on payment (Sushi bar, Chinese restaurant, Tex-Mex, Restaurant à la Carte, Sports bar, Eataly, Pizzeria).

ALL-INCLUSIVE

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM TEENS/CHILDREN ALL INCUSIVE 24 HOURS

Unlimited soft drinks from the bar (including energizers, fruit juices, mineral water, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes), non-alcoholic drinks and snacks from your minibar (except on MSC Melody) and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the ‘Gelateria’ menu and Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues.

per person / day

GBP 17

This service can be sold only TO CHILDREN 3-18 YEARS who are part of the group/family with package all-inclusive 421

Not included in this offer:: all alcoholic drinks, cigars, cigarettes, souvenir glasses, souvenir glasses and drinks served in souvenir glasses, all food consumptions in restaurants on payment (Sushi bar, Chinese restaurant, Tex-Mex, Restaurant à la Carte, Sports bar, Eataly, Pizzeria).

ALL-INCLUSIVE

ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT ALL INCUSIVE 24 HOURS

Unlimited consumption of a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice-cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues.

per person / day

GBP 18

MED WINTER-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA

TO ALL WINTER DESTINATIONS / FROM ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA

The service will be carried out by pouring method. The service will be carried out by pouring method. The package must be booked before the cruise by all guests occupying the same cabin, belonging to the same booking number and by all guests booked under different bookings' numbers but travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table. It is valid for all days of the cruise, it can not be purchased on a daily base.

MINI BARS and MINERAL WATER IN CABINS: EXCLUDED

Not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, champagne, premium brands, mini bar, room service, souvenir glasses and all food on payment. Some of the drinks from our bar and wine lists are excluded from Allegrissimo package; those items are indicated with”asterisk”.

ALL-INCLUSIVE

ALLEGRISSIMO CHILD ALL INCLUSIVE 24 HOURS

Unlimited consumption of soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juices, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues.

per person / day

GBP 9

MED WINTER-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA

This service can be sold only TO CHILDREN 3-18 YEARS who are part of the group/family with package all-inclusive 431

MINI BARS and MINERAL WATER IN CABINS: EXCLUDED

Not included in this offer: alcoholic drinks, cigars, cigarettes, champagne, mini bar,

room service, souvenir glasses and all food on payment. Some of the drinks from our

bar and wine lists are excluded from Allegrissimo package; those items are indicated

with”asterisk”.

CABIN PACKAGES & TREATMENTS

ROMANTIC SUNSET

1 bottle of Champagne Moet & Chandon brut + 2 fluts MSC (souvenir to take home) + tray of chocolate covered strawberries (10 pieces) SERVED IN CABIN

per package

GBP 60

MED WINTER -CARIBBEAN-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA-SOA

TO ALL WINTER DESTINATIONS / FROM CAR-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA-SOA

ROMANTIC SUNSET X PROMO SENIOR

1 bottle of Champagne Moet & Chandon brut + 2 fluts MSC (souvenir to take home) + tray of chocolate covered strawberries (10 pieces) + Captain's welcome letter SERVED IN CABIN + Invitation for a dedicated VIP cocktails

per package

GBP 66

MEW-CAR-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA-SOA

ROMANTIC SUNRISE NON-ALCOHOLIC

1 carafe of freshly squeezed orange juice (1/2 liter) + 2 fluts MSC (souvenir to take home) + fresh fruit platter + tray of selected croissanteries SERVED IN CABIN

per package

GBP 13

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES

Tray of chocolate covered strawberries (10 pieces) SERVED IN CABIN

per package (per tray)

GBP 8

BIRTHDAY

STANDARD CAKE

Sponge cake with filling and decoration 900 gr. SERVED IN RESTAURANT

per package (per cake)

GBP 9

BIRTHDAY

ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE

1 bottle of Asti spumante + standard cake SERVED IN RESTAURANT

per package

GBP 23

DELUXE BUON VOYAGE

1 bottle of dry sparkling wine, one tray of canape served in cabin at the embarkation together with Captain's wellcome letter, fresh fruit basket in cabin every day, invitation for a dedicated VIP cocktail

per package

GBP 35

ROSE PETAL PACKAGE

1 bottle of Moscato "Il vino dell'amore" presented in deluxe packaging, 2 MSC souvenir flutes, tray of "Petit Four" (fine mignon pastry)

per package

GBP 31

FORFAIT FOR INDIVIDUALS ONLY

KOSHER MEALS FOR INDIVIDUAL PAX

Pre-cooked kosher meals for lunch and dinner in main restaurants

per person / day

GBP 12

MEW-CAR-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA-SOA-SAF

TO ALL WINTER DESTINATIONS / FROM CAR-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA-SOA-SAF

ROMANCE PACKAGE

1 bottle of Champagne Veuve Clicquot Brut, 2 MSC souvenir flutes, tray of chocolate-dipped strawberries and Captain's wellcome letter on the embarcation day. Fresh fruit basket in cabin every day and invitation for a dedicated VIP cocktail.

per package

GBP 78

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST FOR TWO SERVED IN CABIN

DELUXE continental breakfast in cabin for two: … selection of hot drinks: coffee, tea / infusions, milk whole / skim … freshly squeezed orange juice … bread rolls and croissants (croissant, pain au chocolat, baguette, brioche) … 3 varieties of marmelade in glass jars and 1 of honney), butter, margarine … selection of cheese (Brie, Asaiago, Bel Paese, Ricotta - 40 gr per person) ... roses of Prosciutto di Parma (40 gr per person) … eggs "à la coque" con toasted bread sticks … cereals (muesli) or selection of yoghurt … mosaic of fresh fruit of the season

per package

GBP 9

WINE CARNET

ALLEGRO N°1 - WINE & WATER

4 bottles of unlisted wines selected by our sommelier (1 white + 2 red + 1 rosé) + 7 bt of mineral water. Drinks included in this package can be consumed in main restaurant, self-service buffet and in bars. The unfinished bottles of wine ordered at your dining table in main restaurant will be carefully conserved and served the next day, while for those ordered at self-service buffet or at the bar the custody cannot be provided.

per package

GBP 55

MEW-ANTILLES-EMIRATES-RED SEA

WINE CARNET

WINE PACKAGE CLASSIC

6 bottles of DOC wines (2 whites, 3 reds, 1 rosé) completed by 7 bottles of mineral water. This package can only be consumed in the main restaurants, where we will carefully conserve your unfinished bottles of wine and ensure they are waiting for at your dining table the next day.

per package

GBP 91

WINE CARNET

WINE PACKAGE PREMIUM

6 bottles of high quality wines (2 whites, 3 reds, 1 rosé) completed by 7 bottles of mineral water. This package can only be consumed in the main restaurants, where we will carefully conserve your unfinished bottles of wine and ensure they are waiting for at your dining table the next day.

per package

GBP 126

WINE CARNET

WINE PACKAGE SELECT

6 bottles of sommelier selectio wines (1 champagne, 1 white, 4 reds) completed by 7 bottles of mineral water. This package can only be consumed in the main restaurants, where we will carefully conserve your unfinished bottles of wine and ensure they are waiting for at your dining table the next day.

per package

GBP 182

BAR CARNET

COFFEE PACKAGE

21 classic Italian espresso, decafeinated espresso or barley coffee

per package

GBP 18

EUROPEAN VIP TREATMENT

1 bottle of Asti spumante + special fruit basket (7 kinds of season fruits) SERVED IN CABIN

per package

GBP 21

FRUIT BASKET SPECIAL - EUROPEAN

7 kinds of season fruits

per package

GBP 6

FRUITS IN CABIN (7/8 DAYS CRUISES)

Basket of fresh season fruit (5 kinds) served in cabin every day of the cruise

per package

GBP 19

FRUITS IN CABIN (+8 DAYS CRUISES)

Basket of fresh season fruit (5 kinds) served in cabin every day of the cruise

per package

GBP 29

BAR CARNET

ALLEGRO N°3 - SOFT DRINKS

14 soft drinks in cans and/or fruit juices. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet

per package

GBP 27

This package can be sold to all passengers independatly of age (children and adults)

BAR CARNET

BEER PACKAGE - EUROPEAN

14 beers in bottles or cans from Classic selection (the beers from Special selection are excluded). Drinks included in this package can be consumed in bars, main restaurants, specialty restaurants and self-service buffet

per package

GBP 43

WINE CARNET

WATER PACKAGE - EUROPEAN

14 bottles of mineral water 100cl. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, restaurant and buffet

per package

GBP 21

BAR CARNET

ALLEGRO N°2 - BEER & WATER

14 draft beers 40cl + 7 bt of mineral water. Vouchers can be consumed at any bar, in main restaurants and at self-service buffet.

per package

GBP 55

Tim I read every post on that live for the Fantasia thread you and Duanne co authored and there was a lot of talk of booze! As for me I was averaging 30-40€ most days on my last cruise.

I destroyed the evidence at least twice a day so I don't know, can't say and deny everything.

I am sure the others were a bad influence. From pre-lunch drinks with Angela, Keith and Duane to pre-bed nightcaps with Keith and Mosad and all the daily engagements in between plus all the extra parties (we seemed to mark all of life's occasions between us), I think we certainly got our (no) money's worth.

Tim .... According to the MSC UK site it still says £20 pppd even on the link on the left hand side of the Home page.

Indeed that has been the price and may be the current price but Stuart says it is £18 per night for my Armonia cruise next March and the above information for Winter 2013/4 supports this. Grab it while you can!

On 7 May 2013, at 12:09, MSC Direct <mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Tim

Thank you for your email

I can confirm drinks packages for your forthcoming cruise on MSC Armonia sailing 23rd march is now bookable.

We do have the Allegrissmo drinks package for this cruise will be a price of £18 per passenger per night. Therefore, this makes a total of £180 for the duration of the cruise.

Alternatively, we do have the Allegrissmo Premium package for £33 per passenger per night.

Please do feel free to spread the word on your CC roll

Regards

Stuart Chalmers

Direct Sales Executive

Tim .... I will check out our booking for the Divina in November and see what price it comes up with, i wonder if the price only applies to Grand voyages ? be nice if it was lower in June on the Opera ... :)

Tim .... I will check out our booking for the Divina in November and see what price it comes up with, i wonder if the price only applies to Grand voyages ?

Maybe. On our Musica repo, leaflets were being handed out to the last day with a special Grand Voyage price on Allegrissimo of €20 per night (plus 15%). On our Fantasia repo, Allegrissimo was not available at any price, except as it turned out, free of charge. MSC works in mysterious and perplexing ways.

Well that's good news. I always have at least one dinner in the a la carte restaurant non Musica Class ships. Although I do get a free meal and 25% discount on one vist with my Black Card, but still a bonus.

Can't believe us Brits are not drinking enough......Tim I read every post on that live for the Fantasia thread you and Duanne co authored and there was a lot of talk of booze! As for me I was averaging 30-40€ most days on my last cruise.

Im joining the Divina on saturday no doubt il be making up for us all.....£20 pp i think is a fabulous deal......ill drink that in beers round the pool lol

Im joining the Divina on saturday no doubt il be making up for us all.....£20 pp i think is a fabulous deal......ill drink that in beers round the pool lol

Davidonaboat, Have a great trip! This appears to be your first MSC cruise. I hope you have picked up from this forum that MSC are quite different to Cunard, HAL and P&O! Go with an enlarged sense of humour and you will love it!

Davidonaboat, Have a great trip! This appears to be your first MSC cruise. I hope you have picked up from this forum that MSC are quite different to Cunard, HAL and P&O! Go with an enlarged sense of humour and you will love it!

Yes my first MSC cruise indeed, dont worry im going with a very open mind but to be honest im very easily pleased so i doubt very much ill have an awful time and from what I've read in reveiws that certain people are complaining about are things im actually looking forward to..i.e European style service, english speakers being the minority, announcements in 5 languages. just counting my blessing to be able to get away from our daily lives for a week.

I have only just noticed the change in policy re. Allegrissimo for Winter 2013/14.

"Unlimited consumption of a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice-cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues."

These were previously specifically excluded. Also, in the UK, the price of Allegrissimo has dropped from £20/night to £18/night. Are we not drinking enough? A note to myself - must try harder.

Well - that just made our minds up for us! We will be getting the drinks package! We were quoted 23Euro per person per day.Nice one!:D

Tim .... Having checked with our travel agent who asked MSC it would appear that our Grand voyage will also attract the lower price of £18pppd, thanks for the info ... :D

Davidonaboat ... Have a great cruise ... :)

Yes my first MSC cruise indeed, dont worry im going with a very open mind but to be honest im very easily pleased so i doubt very much ill have an awful time and from what I've read in reveiws that certain people are complaining about are things im actually looking forward to..i.e European style service, english speakers being the minority, announcements in 5 languages. just counting my blessing to be able to get away from our daily lives for a week.

This. During my short time frequenting this forum I've seen countless reviews and posts of cruisers being confused to xenophobic about MSC. You clearly do not fit into that category and I like that!

This. During my short time frequenting this forum I've seen countless reviews and posts of cruisers being confused to xenophobic about MSC. You clearly do not fit into that category and I like that!

Thank you..... life is to short. x

Archived