Reasonable Priced Dresses 4 Cruises

Well my goodness.....it really is true - you are never to old to learn something new! I have lived in SFL for the largest portion of my life and i have never, ever heard of a maxi dress being called a "town gown" - wonder what that is supposed to mean? Like a gown (because it is long) and you wear it to town? :confused:

No idea. I started to hear them called that about four years ago when they started to come back into vogue. I love that they can be casual yet chic all at once. :)

than after Prom...so it seems that after NYE, and after the spring buying season are the BEST times for snapping up fun dresses and gowns...

I found my last gown after "prom" season...and it was 24$ and I do not think a young woman would have chosen it as a prom dress...

Have I EVER bought a dress I feel MIGHT be a little or a lot too daring for me? ABSOLUTELY.....so I save them for my ultimate balcony dinner....where it is private- husband & I...

I bought an Adrianna Papell gown that makes me feel like Cinderella.....I may get brave and wear it on the new Royal for formal night...just bought a glittery headband....

I was trying to find out using my Credit Card charges when I got the best deals for dresses last year....I did get some at the end of July...but feel like the 50% off and then use a coupon for 20% off started sooner than that at L&T....

They did the 50% off lowest price...and you could use a coupon..but for weeks after the prices bumped up....to 50% off ORIGINAL price...

so you have to find the sweet spot of sales!

At the end dresses were 29.99 and 49.99, but if you catch the better searlier ale- you will pay a lot less!!

Bernadette

Nope, never heard of a town gown either, and my beloved Mr Goggle struggled too;)

All I could find was one reference on a blog to a dress Old Navy was calling a town gown, but as far as trend setters go they are not even on the list;)

http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/2009/03/fashion-friday-town-gowns-and-skinny-jeans.html

Congrats on your wedding, Shatima! Sounds like it'll be a super trip. :)

I love shopping for formalwear (or, heck, anything!), too, and I love spotting a good deal! My favorite places to look are H&M, Zara, Anthropologie, and of course, TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshall's. Ross is my favorite! We don't have any in NYC (not that I know of, anyways) but the ones in Miami near my mom's house are fantastic. You really have to dig through the racks sometimes (and I mean DIG) but there are quite a few gems to be found (i.e. the $8 clearance Calvin Klein number I got with absolutely no damage). I bought two formal dresses there last summer that I wore to weddings and on formal nights and they each cost me no more than $18 and were amazingly easy to fold up and pack.

Have you ladies also looked at ASOS? They're a UK-based brand and I love them because they have really unique designs and are very well-priced and offer free returns. I use them a lot when I need a cocktail dress for work events and I'm never wearing the same thing as anyone else. :D

Lissette

Sounds like we have a very similar style. I go to TJ Maxx and Marshall's once a week just to see what I stumble upon. I love Zara for their more sophisticated looks (and their great sales) ...H&M is just my baby. And I can't forget my beloved Asos. They never disappoint. All of my upcoming cruise dresses are from Asos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck lite, love your packing list! I also love black and white clothes so I may borrow your ideas. If I may ask, are you a 40 something teacher by chance?

Michelle

I'm 50-something in sales. :)

Archived