Anyone had a room w/ a connecting door?

creeblee

If so, were you able to hear your neighbors more than you would in a normal room?

We are booked in one on the lido deck for our upcoming cruise on the Dream and didn't realize we had a connecting room until after the fact. Considered switching rooms but would like to stay on the lido we have never been uo that high before.

Not a huge deal we are usually up pretty late but was just curious if anyone had experienced any issues.

Thanks!

We had one on the Spirit and I could hear more noise. We were in an aft wrap suite so our bedroom was not near the door but when we were in the living room I could hear the people.

We are booked on the Valor June 23 in an adjoining cabin....I will let you know about the noise level when we return.

Adjoining is fine because there isn't an interior door connecting the two cabins.

Adjoining is fine because there isn't an interior door connecting the two cabins.

Is there a difference between adjoining and connector.

We're in 10225 on the Dream if that helps...

We had a connecting door on the Triumph and we could hear the neighbors. I place a rolled towel at the bottom of the door and stuffed tt in the door jam, this greatly helped with the noise.

We had one booked on our Breeze cruise in April. It was our first Lido balcony, and we travelled with friends. They booked the one right next door to us, however, I didn't see that stinking little arrow on the cabin diagram, on Carnival's website, until about a week later.:mad::mad: We booked less than 2 months out, so there was no changing. Thank GOD, they were an "older" couple and very quiet. Never heard a peep through that door, but they were the King and Queen of slamming the balcony door:rolleyes:

I really just think it's the luck of the draw. Just hope you aren't stuck next to a young family with 2 screaming kids:eek::eek:

Good Luck!!!!

and yes you can hear noise more than a room without the connecting doorway.

We are a family of 5 and usually have 2 in one room and 3 in the other and the tv noise was always a problem even with both doors closed.

Never did try the rolling up a towel to put under the door. Might try that next time.

We had one booked on our Breeze cruise in April. It was our first Lido balcony, and we travelled with friends. They booked the one right next door to us, however, I didn't see that stinking little arrow on the cabin diagram, on Carnival's website, until about a week later.:mad::mad: We booked less than 2 months out, so there was no changing. Thank GOD, they were an "older" couple and very quiet. Never heard a peep through that door, but they were the King and Queen of slamming the balcony door:rolleyes:

I really just think it's the luck of the draw. Just hope you aren't stuck next to a young family with 2 screaming kids:eek::eek:

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks for the input. I didn't notice it on the website for a few weeks after either:rolleyes: You live and you learn.

Either way I plan on having a blast! Dream 7/27 for anyone else who may be on the roll call!!

We are in connecting cabins on our next cruise. We had no other choice because we had to be directly across from a quad inside that is occupied by some of my children. Its the one thing that I am unsure about on this cruise. Its the TV that Im concerned about hearing moreso than the people because this has been our experience in hotels ( TV worse than voices). My husband says that if it is a problem, then we will "lovingly" make them aware of how thin the doors are ;) and then perhaps they will lower the TV. I'd just rather it not be a problem to begin with.

On our recent Fascination B2B we were in R136 with a connecting door. On the first leg it didn't seem too bad, if we were quiet we could hear people talking through the door (muffled voices more or less). On the 2nd leg whoever was next door had a bad cough and very loud husband. Kind of annoying at 2 in the morning. I wasn't aware of the connecting door when we booked through our PVP, we booked late and wanted to stay in the same room both legs. I'll make sure not to do it again.

Adjoining cabins (or hotel rooms) are simply next to each other and share a common, solid wall. To visit an adjoining cabin you would need to go out into the hallway.

Connecting cabins (or hotel rooms) have an interior door that opens them up making a larger space. To visit a connecting cabin you do not even have to have clothes on.

Adjoining - share a common wall.

Connecting - there's a door in that wall. ...and I think the OP was asking about connecting rooms.

We sailed the Spirit with a "door in the wall" & like a previous poster we put a towel along the bottom of the door.

We too were fortunate that our neighbours were a mature couple & quiet. We could hear TV noise but not words, openening of "pop" cans ;) and general converstion sounds.

Taught me to check that arrow thingy on the deck plans as well.

Another sailing on that same ship in the same deck area, it was quieter with no connecting door

We had a connecting balcony on the Freedom for an 8 day. It was bad. There was a couple with 3 small kids and Grandma. The one kid nwas upnat 6am banging on the door or screaming. They would open their side all the time and beat on our door side. I made a comment to him and he just got pissed that we just didn't like kids. I said no we like kids just not some kids parents. I will avoid them in the future. Still had a great cruise.

Gary & Rox

We had a connecting door on the Triumph and we could hear the neighbors. I place a rolled towel at the bottom of the door and stuffed tt in the door jam, this greatly helped with the noise.

I'm going to try this on our upcoming cruise. I didn't realize (like most here who have posted) until recently that we have a connecting door in our cabin.

I'm not too worried about what we will hear... I honestly am more worried about being embarrassed about what they might hear! It is our wedding cruise! :p

We had a connecting cabin last year on The Destiny. It was louder. On top of that when the neighbors would come back to their cabin at night after having a few to many they would try to open the door. I guess they couldn't figure out how to get into the bathroom lol.

We are in connecting cabins on our next cruise. We had no other choice because we had to be directly across from a quad inside that is occupied by some of my children. Its the one thing that I am unsure about on this cruise. Its the TV that Im concerned about hearing moreso than the people because this has been our experience in hotels ( TV worse than voices). My husband says that if it is a problem, then we will "lovingly" make them aware of how thin the doors are ;) and then perhaps they will lower the TV. I'd just rather it not be a problem to begin with.

They might turn the TV louder to drown out the sounds coming from your room... :p

Archived