Where to get good seafood dinner in Vancouver

*just* posted over in another thread... Since you've specified casual I'll throw out the Fish Shack on Granville St (based on what I ate and parsing the somewhat variable Yelp etc, reviews, if you stick to simple preparations they do a great job - our party had halibut & haddock in fish & chip form, plus a steamed crab, and all were cooked to perfection and tasted great - but the more interesting-sounding coleslaws, dippings sauces etc. were all disappointingly bland)

Thanks for your comments on the Fish Shack - I was going to ask you how it went - must get back their again for the Fish and Chips - enjoyed it the last time I was there.

Did the loud upbeat music make it hard to have a conversation or have they toned it down some.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for the reminder UT - I'll try and find that other thread and stick a quick review there, keep things in one place...

Music was louder than I care for, but possible to converse across the table without shouting.

Looking for a recommendation for a good seafood dinner while in Vancouver. Casual, but good, is fine. Thank you!

Have left you a couple of ideas on the other thread but here are a couple that will leave you in the city but require a cab:

The Fish House in Stanley Park has been serving great seafood for eons. http://www.fishhousestanleypark.com/

The Boathouse on Beach Ave. will provide some excellent sunsets on a summer evening. http://boathouserestaurants.ca/

Back to something that is just a couple of blocks from your hotel and an easy walk .... The Oyster Seafood and Rawbar. http://www.rawbar.ca/

• 2 weeks later...

Another thumbs up for Cactus Club - I've yet to eat in the new Coal Harbour, but all the other branches are very consistent. There's also one at Burrard & Dunsmuir which may be quieter as it doesn't have the scenic views of the Coal Harbour location.

Tweedy - I assume you meant to link to the Bentall Centre Joeys? The Burrard location is south of Robson, although probably still within OPs 4 block limit...

SJSULIBRARIAN - if you pull up your hotel location on Google and Search Nearby for restaurants, you'll see dozens and dozens within 4 blocks. Giving us an idea of your favourite type(s) of food & budget really helps us narrow it down to solid recommendations for you.

If you are looking to eat crab, there is a great restaurant called Sun Sui Wah. If you have a large group, get the king crab...the smallest crab is about 7 pounds at 34/lb. if you are two like my husband and I, you can get the Dungeness crab which came to $54 total and was plenty for both of us and we had it cooked in the cream and butter....it was very good. I looked up best crab in Vancouver and found great things about this place and it was!

Archived