Queen elizabeth :transatlantic

turquoise 6

I sailed from New York to Southampton on March 30,on the Queen Elizabeth.

This is done only a few times year,as the Queen Elizabeth is considered a cruise ship and does cruises.

I just want to give my observations and my opinions.

The ship is beautiful and has the feel of a luxury liner of the past.(Leonardo Da Vinci,QE2). There is a sense of sea. The vast open deck space. The exquisite glass vistas. The ship handles very well in moderate seas(10 to 15 feet and winds of 40 knots). The Britannia Restaurant is beautiful. Food excellent. Service excellent. I had 2 waiters at my table. Nobert was superb.

My cabin was on deck 7,balcony. A larger bathroom and better organized.

More closet space.

One thing I missed was the nautical TV Station working. I like to be aware of the seas and weather daily.

The Lido Buffet was excellent and the room is exquisite(Glass windows and beautiful Ocean views) The Queens & Princess Grill are segregated and have a beautiful part of the ship.

The Veranda Grill is truly the highlight of dining on Queen Elizabeth.

The room,the service and the food is superb.

:)

Hi turquoise. Thanks for your post. How does QE compare to QM2 on a TransAtlantic crossing? Thanks in advance for your reply - Regards, Salacia

P.S. I noticed on that were on the 2008 QM2 round trip NY to Eleuthera. That was my first QM2 voyage. Wonderful experience. Twice that year, same voyage. Very fond memories.

Hi turquoise. Thanks for your post. How does QE compare to QM2 on a TransAtlantic crossing? Thanks in advance for your reply - Regards, Salacia

Hi Salacia, well , The QE can hold up to the QM2 ,and in some ways it was a better experience. The QE sailed very well transatlantic(and you know I made

a post of how The QE is not an ocean liner and can't handle the seas. I was wrong) The Lido food deck was far superior then Kings Court. The Veranda grill is excellent and has a more elegant feeling than Todd English.

The ship is very formal at night.March 30 was before the new dress code was made. It appears that this is a very formal ship.:)

thanks Salacia

P.S. I noticed on that were on the 2008 QM2 round trip NY to Eleuthera. That was my first QM2 voyage. Wonderful experience. Twice that year, same voyage. Very fond memories.

Hi Salacia!!

We were on board the roundtrip NY to Eleuthera! WOW !!!! ... That was a beautiful trip and a very beautiful island in the Bahamas!! :)

I sailed from New York to Southampton on March 30,on the Queen Elizabeth.

This is done only a few times year,as the Queen Elizabeth is considered a cruise ship and does cruises.

I just want to give my observations and my opinions.

The ship is beautiful and has the feel of a luxury liner of the past.(Leonardo Da Vinci,QE2). There is a sense of sea. The vast open deck space. The exquisite glass vistas. The ship handles very well in moderate seas(10 to 15 feet and winds of 40 knots). The Britannia Restaurant is beautiful. Food excellent. Service excellent. I had 2 waiters at my table. Nobert was superb.

My cabin was on deck 7,balcony. A larger bathroom and better organized.

More closet space.

One thing I missed was the nautical TV Station working. I like to be aware of the seas and weather daily.

The Lido Buffet was excellent and the room is exquisite(Glass windows and beautiful Ocean views) The Queens & Princess Grill are segregated and have a beautiful part of the ship.

The Veranda Grill is truly the highlight of dining on Queen Elizabeth.

The room,the service and the food is superb.

Wow, that's quite a write up for QE. It makes me even more excited about my upcoming voyage.

Was your waiter's name really Nobert or did you mean to write Robert?

Gosh, every review of the Veranda Grill is positive (not sure if Jimsgirl has eaten there, so I probably shouldn't say every review) I can't wait to try it.

Hi Salacia!!

We were on board the roundtrip NY to Eleuthera! WOW !!!! ... That was a beautiful trip and a very beautiful island in the Bahamas!! :)

Yes, it was like a dream. Wonderful night on board. Waking up in the morning, seeing seas and sky of the most beautiful color after grey winter months...like dying and waking up in Heaven. Unforgettable.

I think that was only a four day cruise. After we disembarked, I booked the same itinerary for the following month. And I'm darn glad I did because that cruise hasn't been offered since.

Wow, that's quite a write up for QE. It makes me even more excited about my upcoming voyage.

Gosh, every review of the Veranda Grill is positive (not sure if Jimsgirl has eaten there, so I probably shouldn't say every review) I can't wait to try it.

There is a small bar tucked in the far left-hand corner: a delightful small space for a discreet drink... And yes--the Verandah Grill is as good as you've read.

Hi Whitemarsh, My waiter was Nobert from Hungary .Yes , have lunch or dinner in Veranda:)

There is a small bar tucked in the far left-hand corner: a delightful small space for a discreet drink... And yes--the Verandah Grill is as good as you've read.

Wow, that's excellent. Off topic, but do you recall if the pool is bigger than the QM2 pool on deck 8?

Hi Whitemarsh, My waiter was Nobert from Hungary .Yes , have lunch or dinner in Veranda:)

Oh, okay, I wonder if that's the Hungarian version of Robert. I sure will be having lunch and dinner at The Veranda. :)

Yes , Yes , very nice and tucked away:)

Yes, it was like a dream. Wonderful night on board. Waking up in the morning, seeing seas and sky of the most beautiful color after grey winter months...like dying and waking up in Heaven. Unforgettable.

I think that was only a four day cruise. After we disembarked, I booked the same itinerary for the following month. And I'm darn glad I did because that cruise hasn't been offered since.

Hi Salacia, Yes ! That was a wonderful cruise. Why hasn't been offered since? That would be a nice alternative to Halifax.

Regards :)

T

Hi Salacia, Yes ! That was a wonderful cruise. Why hasn't been offered since? That would be a nice alternative to Halifax.

Regards :)

T

Turquoise, I have to agree with you on that...as much as I enjoy visiting Halifax Port (very welcoming people, lovely port)...it would be so nice to go back to Eleuthera on QM2. That short cruise was not inexpensive, but it was well worth it, in my opinion. :) Cheers, -S

Actually, I think buried somewhere in Jimsgirls' posts is a comment about the Verandah arising from her recent trip on QE - it may even have been positive (but don't hold me to that). :)

Actually, I think buried somewhere in Jimsgirls' posts is a comment about the Verandah arising from her recent trip on QE - it may even have been positive (but don't hold me to that). :)

This is what Jimsgirl had to say about The Verandah from her recent 18 day voyage.

Verandah, This was not open for 3 days.

Jimsgirl doesn't state whether she ate there or not. She did however report that two passengers at her table in the Britannia ordered pasta with meat and tomato sauce, but the pasta arrived with "NO SAUCE" (sic).

Wow, that's excellent. Off topic, but do you recall if the pool is bigger than the QM2 pool on deck 8?

Oh, okay, I wonder if that's the Hungarian version of Robert. I sure will be having lunch and dinner at The Veranda. :)

Not a clue, I'm afraid--I've only sailed QE for crossings and I prefer my water with my whiskey/whisky... :cool:

I sailed from New York to Southampton on March 30,on the Queen Elizabeth.:)

Question

Would it be fair to suggest your transatlantic crossing was an eight day affair which allowed the Queen Elizabeth to cross at a pace more suited to her size\design?

These are beautiful ships although we all accept they are not ocean liners (Apart from my Queen Catherine);)

Question

Would it be fair to suggest your transatlantic crossing was an eight day affair which allowed the Queen Elizabeth to cross at a pace more suited to her size\design?

These are beautiful ships although we all accept they are not ocean liners (Apart from my Queen Catherine);)

The Queen Elizabeth sailed very well at 23knots at some point. The ship can move when it wants to. In moderate seas,the QE was very stable. I think she handled the North Atlantic as well as any other ship.

Now The Queen Katherine,I'm not sure yet how she sails the north atlantic. I'm still waiting for an invitation. :)

the queen elizabeth sailed very well at 23knots at some point. The ship can move when it wants to. In moderate seas,the qe was very stable. I think she handled the north atlantic as well as any other ship.

Now the queen katherine,i'm not sure yet how she sails the north atlantic. I'm still waiting for an invitation. :)

;) I love the style of the Cunard ships and it's nice to hear they can do these crossing in the way folks expect.

;) I love the style of the Cunard ships and it's nice to hear they can do these crossing in the way folks expect.

Yes, The Queen Elizabeth can sail the North Atlantic. The QE is a rather large ship. As Large or bigger than the QE2? I did get sense of sea and with the open decks and glass vistas.:)

Yes I did eat there, with two other CC members for lunch and yes we did enjoy the food, and I enjoyed the company.

I you wish to eat there you will be able to do so for lunch on sea days. The charge is a la carte.

I believe it is open every day for dinner.

This is what Jimsgirl had to say about The Verandah from her recent 18 day voyage.

Verandah, This was not open for 3 days.

Jimsgirl doesn't state whether she ate there or not. She did however report that two passengers at her table in the Britannia ordered pasta with meat and tomato sauce, but the pasta arrived with "NO SAUCE" (sic).

Yes the Verandah was not open for any meals for 3 days during my last cruise In March of this year.

Yes the comments re the pasta was for dinner in the Britannia dining room, I was one of those who ordered the pasta, it arrived without its meat/tomatoe sauce , just plain boiled pasta, by the time out waiter had served our table plus another table , and went to fetch a bowl of sauce, the pasta was cold, and I just left it uneaten, and did without an entree

Yes the Verandah was not open for any meals for 3 days during my last cruise In March of this year.

Yes the comments re the pasta was for dinner in the Britannia dining room, I was one of those who ordered the pasta, it arrived without its meat/tomatoe sauce , just plain boiled pasta, by the time out waiter had served our table plus another table , and went to fetch a bowl of sauce, the pasta was cold, and I just left it uneaten, and did without an entree

I see that a couple of posts back you've told us that you had lunch at The Verandah and enjoyed it. What a shame that that observation didn't make it into your review. That was another positive, like the upgrade, that for some reason you decided not to mention in your review.

The Verandah was closed for a few days on the crossing. One reason was because extra staff was needed up in the Lido to serve the buffet,as a precaution of the Noro. That was the first 2 days out of NY. The other was because of Easter Sunday. But after that it was open and fully booked!!!!

I had GREAT dining experience in Britannia. If a waiter forgets something,so what? Ask.!!!! No one is perfect. Why would anyone leave the dinning room without an entree? RELAX !!! it's a vacation:confused::confused:

Oh, okay, I wonder if that's the Hungarian version of Robert. :)

No, it isn't, but both names are of Germanic origin. An explanation for why an Hungarian is called Norbert could be that there was and still is a German population in Hungary.

Archived