Vouchers for meals on cruise tour

texasnana

The price will be determined by the number of meals in the package. If you are a light eater it is probably not worth it. If you like to eat complete meals including desserts you might want to get it. You have to use them at the hotels where the tour stays and on the train. The food is good. Ask your cruise contact how much the package is for your Cruisetour.

I am reading you can buy your cruisetour meal vouchers while on the ship before you get off for the tour. I was never told about them. Are they worth buying and how much are the vouchers?:cool:

We opted not to get the vouchers on our cruisetour. As PP noted if you're a big eater it may be worth it. We're not. And the vouchers were pretty much only good in the restaurant that was in the hotel.

We just hit the grocery store in our first stop and stocked up on fruit, cheese, peanut butter, crackers, chips, trail mix, sodas, juice and breakfast rolls.

Many of the excursions we were taking on the cruisetour included either lunch or dinner, so we were good to go. I don't remember exactly, but I think I figured out we paid the cost of one meal voucher for the grocery shopping we did and it fed both of us for 10 days.

Does anyone know if you can buy one voucher and just split the meal?

No, I don't think so. When we did our HAL cruisetour in 2007, it clearly stated $349 PER PERSON.

And you don't just buy 1 or 2 vouchers. It is a package for the whole duration of the cruisetour.

We didn't purchase the meal plan, and wished we had. We figured the cost of each meal would be about $25-30 and thought we could beat that, but when you get to the hotel at night (5:30-6:30) we were starved and usually always went to the hotel restaurant to eat anyway, paying that $30 pp for a meal.

We had 80 folks on two coaches, and I would say 75% of the folks had purchased the meal plan. The servers were always surprised when we said we were paying cash. It is up to each person to decide what works for them.

We usually had a really good breakfast each morning for around $20 pp, then travelling on the coach all day (not many stops for lunch/more just snacks) so we would want a good dinner (usually $30 pp). Goodness, a soup & salad & drink at Subway cost us $23 pp. Food is really expensive up there. Then at McKinley Chalets at Denali, my husband asked about a caesar salad and the server told him it was LARGE, so for $12 he got a cereal bowl of lettuce with a drizzle of caesar dressing. Not exactly lunch!

thanks.. I did call and found our for out tour it is 309.00 per a person.4 dinners,5 breakfasts and 1 lunch. You have to repay before the cruise to have to voucher. I think we will pass on this as we have 2 exerusions with dinner already planned and we are not big eaters. I usually bring snacks too.

No, I don't think so. When we did our HAL cruisetour in 2007, it clearly stated $349 PER PERSON.

And you don't just buy 1 or 2 vouchers. It is a package for the whole duration of the cruisetour.

We didn't purchase the meal plan, and wished we had. We figured the cost of each meal would be about $25-30 and thought we could beat that, but when you get to the hotel at night (5:30-6:30) we were starved and usually always went to the hotel restaurant to eat anyway, paying that $30 pp for a meal.

We had 80 folks on two coaches, and I would say 75% of the folks had purchased the meal plan. The servers were always surprised when we said we were paying cash. It is up to each person to decide what works for them.

We usually had a really good breakfast each morning for around $20 pp, then travelling on the coach all day (not many stops for lunch/more just snacks) so we would want a good dinner (usually $30 pp). Goodness, a soup & salad & drink at Subway cost us $23 pp. Food is really expensive up there. Then at McKinley Chalets at Denali, my husband asked about a caesar salad and the server told him it was LARGE, so for $12 he got a cereal bowl of lettuce with a drizzle of caesar dressing. Not exactly lunch!

You state you stated you paid cash. Can I use a credit card to pay for my meals on the cruise tour or only cash? We usually do not carry around a large sum of money with us.

You state you stated you paid cash. Can I use a credit card to pay for my meals on the cruise tour or only cash? We usually do not carry around a large sum of money with us.

We had a couple of "extra" meals (in Whitehorse and Denali) and we used our credit card with no problem.

Archived