Taking wine on board

luvtravel88

Celebrity policy is 2 bottles of wine per cabin.

Agreed about written policy. However…

Will Celebrity allow you to bring a box of wine on board? A box is equal to 4 bottles.

OP…Written policy isn’t always enforced. If you elect to carry on more wine than the advertised allowed amount you take the inherit risk of the Cruise Lines taking it. We have taken on two each 1.5 L bottles with no problem but that was a gamble we elected to take.

I've never taken on large bottles nor boxes of wine but I've read a lot of posts on these boards about them.

Most of the posts I've read indicate people do not have a problem, but there are always a few who have had their lare wine bottles or boxes confiscated. So if you bring a large bottle or box then be prepared for this possibility and don't try it with an expensive wine.

Within the past year or so Celebrity has changed some of the written policies to include the fact that the 2 bottle allowance is for bottles 750ML or smaller. You'll still see the old verbiage in some places which doesn't mention container size so I don't know if there has actually be a formal change or not but that throws another warning signal for those considering a large bottle or box.

Archived