QM2 inside cabins

Cunard Cruiser

I have been on QM2, but not to sail. Was wondering if anyone has ever taken an inside cabin. If so, did you like or not? In the brochure it states the cabins are 196 feet, which is pretty large. However when I took a peek they seem smaller, maybe because of all the furnishings. I noted in the brochure that the inside cabins are the same size as the oceanview. However the ocean view (cabins with potholes) seem to all have couches and the insides don't. This gives me the impression that they are smaller.

The brochure is incorrect.

I have always had the same suspicion that you do - that the insides are actually smaller - and it turns out that we are right. The insides are 157 sq ft, a significant difference from the 194 sq ft of the outside and balcony cabins.

The atrium-view insides (of which there are very few) are 194 sq ft though.

This information was recently quietly added to Cunard's web site. I do not know if you have a 2006 brochure yet (or even if they exist yet) but it will be interesting to see if those continue to contain incorrect information.

we had an inside cabin on 5 deck on a transatalantic in sept 2004. It was great and seemed very roomy with pleanty of storage. With friends in cabins with balconeys it seemed that they didnt use them a lot and we seemed to congregate more in the public areas of the ship. If you are considerring your first cruise its a great way to go....good luck and happy sailing!

I have sailed on two transatlantic voyages in inside cabins and although compact they are well equipped, the beds are comfortable and there is lots of storage space- as someone else said- on a transatlantic crossing most people wouldnt use their balconies very much but maybe on a caribbean cruise a balcony or larger room would be the best option!

In the brochure they all look the same. P & O's inside cabins are approx 150 square feet which is what I suspect the insides are on Cunard from just looking at the similar layout via the brochure photos!!

However my question to you Doug is you say that the atrium cabins are 194 sq feet. Our children are booked into the inside cabin directly next door to these. Do you think they will have the standard size cabin or the same as the atrium??

Elaine

Just read in the 2006 brochure that the standard inside 2 beds with shower are approx from 162-194 sq feet. Hopefully the kids room will be the 194 sq feet size then as they are next to the Atrium cabins. If it is then that will be good but they are used to only having approx 150 sq feet anyway on P & O. BTW their cabin number is 5110. Has anyone been in this cabin????

Elaine

Sailed May 2004 inside cabin 5177. Very roomy in comparison with same type cabin on other lines. But all we do in the cabin is sleep (beds and linens very very nice), shower and change clothes so we never spend extra for a larger or outside cabin. I'd rather spend the money on cocktails, in the bookstore and logo shop, and on shore excursions.

Have booked inside cabin 6162 for July 2006. Hopefully it will be as adequate as 5177 last year.

I also think lower amidships is better than higher up, fancier rooms rolling with the seas and having the wind whistle through the cabin. But JMO.

I'm springing for a balcony room in the superstructure, and not a hull hole, for the trip 'round the Horn. I figured it would be worth the difference with the broad fluctuations of climate (from 90F. in Rio to 40's in Patagonia.) and the spectacular Chilean scenery. For a trans-Atlantic crossing, IMHO, the larger room area of an outside room sans balcony is preferable to a potentially unusable balcony.

I'm sure some of you have read my dilemma regarding cabins. Originally our children were booked into cabin 5110 but according to Cunard this has been taken off sale because of engine noise. After a lot of to and froing on my agents part cunard have now come back with cabin 5126. This cabin is next to the atrium lifts and I was just wondering if anyone has had a cabin in the atrium lifts area and wonder if you can hear the lifts operating. I'm not sure I've done the right thing accepting, but at least the kids will have the same cabin for the entire 25 nights.

Elaine

Archived