Pre-Cruise Rez ?'s for the RCL Pro's

Ok so I booked a cruise, Allure of the Seas 5/26/2013 (thru RCCL rep via phone) and then talked my neighbor into booking too. She booked thru a popular cruise TA. We have tried so hard to get a dinner table together and to book the same time for the shows. She has been unsuccessful in getting any of the same shows that we have reserved or even getting seated at our table. Does anyone think we will be successful after boarding, being able to get seated together at dinner and the shows?:confused:

Ok so I booked a cruise, Allure of the Seas 5/26/2013 (thru RCCL rep via phone) and then talked my neighbor into booking too. She booked thru a popular cruise TA. We have tried so hard to get a dinner table together and to book the same time for the shows. She has been unsuccessful in getting any of the same shows that we have reserved or even getting seated at our table. Does anyone think we will be successful after boarding, being able to get seated together at dinner and the shows?:confused:

First of all, there are no reserved seats at the shows, so in order to sit together, just arrive together at the venue.

Second, it should not be a problem to link your two reservation numbers for dining. Your neighbor needs your reservation number to give to her TA, and you need your neighbor's reservation to call RC and link your two reservations. That should do it.

There's no guarantee, but there's a chance you can get the same shows and dinner seating. Go to Studio B right after boarding to book shows. Then to go the dining room and ask them to change seating.

First of all, there are no reserved seats at the shows, so in order to sit together, just arrive together at the venue.

Second, it should not be a problem to link your two reservation numbers for dining. Your neighbor needs your reservation number to give to her TA, and you need your neighbor's reservation to call RC and link your two reservations. That should do it.

We tried all of that -- didn't work -- for dinner. We were both told we should try to arrange it when we get onboard. Just worried it won't work.

You can almost always be accommodated for dining together once you are on board, truly happens ALL the time! :D It would be rare to not be able to be seated together. You do have the same dining time, right? Early or late? If so, not to worry:D

As Bob suggested , hustle to Studio B first and they can move one or the other couple into the desired showtime and then scoot over to the dining room, where you can arrange the table for the 4 of you.

Have a great cruise!

We tried all of that -- didn't work -- for dinner. We were both told we should try to arrange it when we get onboard. Just worried it won't work.

If you both select My Time Dining, you can eat together every night without any further arrangement.

On Allure? There are several things we had to book on Oasis and could do it online. I'm pretty sure the OP is correct that they are trying to get things scheduled.

Sounds like the TA is a waste (sigh - this is what I'm fearful of and thus don't use them and book directly like you did rose102798). If the TA won't make the call... to at least get into the same meals:

TRY calling RC directly. Note that to link your reservations for meals (non-MTD) both sides need to make the request to be linked to the other. Maybe, just maybe, they can do this for you despite the TA not wanting to make the call.

I'd STILL call the TA back and ask them nicely to call and request the association and to try and get the show times. Note: if you log back into your account, do you still see those show times as open? They could be booked up and not the TA's fault. If the TA won't call to link the reservations its time to not be nice and point out that a bad reputation spreads pretty fast.

Judy

Archived