Category 6 balcony - anyone know details?

Juvesgirl

We are staying in a category 6 balcony room on MSC Preziosa this summer, the tiny rooms with regular balconies (I think). Has anyone stayed in one, seen one, know anything about them? Pics? I can only find pics of and details about the regular size balcony rooms. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed on a category 6 balcony cabin on the Magnifica. Ours was located on the 9th floor. Unfortunately I do not have pictures. Our cabin was small but we did not have any problem adapting to it. We spent 18 nights on this cabin. The balcony was also small but we did not need more. We would not hesitate to book a category 6 balcony again.

We have stayed on a category 6 balcony cabin on the Magnifica. Ours was located on the 9th floor. Unfortunately I do not have pictures. Our cabin was small but we did not have any problem adapting to it. We spent 18 nights on this cabin. The balcony was also small but we did not need more. We would not hesitate to book a category 6 balcony again.

Hello Travel Berlin, Thanks so much for your input. I'm relieved to hear that you would book it again. We know it will be small - but were just nervous because we hadn't heard anyone with personal experience. Was the balcony large enough to sit on?

Thanks again!!

Hello Travel Berlin, Thanks so much for your input. I'm relieved to hear that you would book it again. We know it will be small - but were just nervous because we hadn't heard anyone with personal experience. Was the balcony large enough to sit on?

Thanks again!!

Yes our balcony was large enough to sit on. We have spent lots of time there even sunbathing while our ship was on the Brasilian coast. It was very nice to have the balcony. It had a small table and two chairs.

From another thread about Fantasia class aft balconies, upon checking the 13th deck plan, it appears that deck 13 aft balconies are Cat 6 without much, if any, room for chairs.

Oh, MSC now classifies deck 13 aft cabins on Preziosa as balcony? If there is no change to the "balcony" size (which is really standing room only), it would be quite disappointing, as on other Fantasia class ships, these were classified as oceanview.

Ahh...I thought those were different from the category 6 balconies. I had thought they were the rooms with Juliet balconies (standing room only, no room for a chair), there are only a few of them on the ship. I think Skipper Tim wrote about them once in one of his blogs on his TA sailing on the Divina (or another similar class ship, I might be getting confused). I think the room itself may be larger than the class 6 balcony rooms, but the balcony smaller. And I recall similar to sthelder, they were not charged as balconies because you couldn't sit out there.

Edited by Juvesgirl

• 7 months later...

I have just booked cabin 10219 on Tormalina deck the cabin looks slightly smaller on the plan which is ok as we paid a good price but I am slightly concerned about the size of the balcony we spend a lot of time on the balcony and if it as small as the photo in posted earlier on I think I might have to think about changing it.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you very much for any input.

Here is a picture of a Cat. 6 balcony on deck 13 of Divina

P1020632.jpg

and here is the inside cview of a Cat.6 cabin ( not mine I hasten to add) on deck 13 of Divina

Untitled-19.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I have just booked cabin 10219 on Tormalina deck the cabin looks slightly smaller on the plan which is ok as we paid a good price but I am slightly concerned about the size of the balcony we spend a lot of time on the balcony and if it as small as the photo in posted earlier on I think I might have to think about changing it.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you very much for any input.

10219 has a larger than average balcony as do cabins on the stern on deck 11

So no need to swap on account of balcony size

Check this review by Sidari, about life in a stern cabin on deck 10 of Divina

here is a quote from it

a Balcony on the back of the ship on Deck 10, the cabin was similar to the one we had on Poesia the year before but slightly larger with a Balcony of some Fourteen feet in length that contained two chairs and a table as well as two sun loungers,

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951878

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We had a category 6 on the Preziosa on the Giada deck. The room was smaller than pictured above, and the balcony was larger. The balcony wasn't "large" but was spacious enough to sit and enjoy with two chairs and a table. It wasn't anything like the picture in the above post.

We are staying in a category 6 balcony room on MSC Preziosa this summer, the tiny rooms with regular balconies (I think). Has anyone stayed in one, seen one, know anything about them? Pics? I can only find pics of and details about the regular size balcony rooms. Thanks!

Its worth it to spend a few more $$ and get a much bigger room and balcony.

Its worth it to spend a few more $$ and get a much bigger room and balcony.

We actually stayed in the category 6 and are glad we did. We saved some money, and the size of the cabin and balcony were just fine for us. I think the balcony barely differed in size from a regular size balcony room. The room itself was smaller, but plenty of room for us. Of course, we are not regular cruisers, so perhaps if we were more frequent cruisers we would have been used to larger rooms and it would have been more of a problem!