Tere Moana

grapejuice

• 1 month later...
Hi all - any updates on the Tere Moana for anyone who has sailed on her since the last reports and is it all looking good (improved) or not? Have they ironed out all the problems?

Thankyou

Just received the brochure from PG and the Tere Moana trip from Venice to Croatia looked amazing. I was disappointed to read all the poor reviews as we had the most amazing time in Tahiti on the PG in 2012. Considering the Windstar Cruise instead. Would like to know of any new, and hopefully, more inspiring reports from recent cruisers. Thanks,

4133 Camellia

Camellia,

The Croatian cruise is set for 2015 repeaters. I believe it's in August.

I think all kinks will be worked out by then. By all reports they are making an effort to address the issues.

Just received the brochure from PG and the Tere Moana trip from Venice to Croatia looked amazing. I was disappointed to read all the poor reviews as we had the most amazing time in Tahiti on the PG in 2012. Considering the Windstar Cruise instead. Would like to know of any new, and hopefully, more inspiring reports from recent cruisers. Thanks,

4133 Camellia

Hi Camellia: I am sailing on the Venice to Croatia next week. Leaving for Venice on the 26th. This will make 28 days of sailing on the TM for me, so I'm getting to know the ship quite well.. I will post as I go so look for a new posting

Mike

We went on 2 cruises back to back. Turned out that about 12-14 people did the same. We had a wonderful, wonderful vacation. I assumed they might have a historian on board but they didn't so do your own research if you aren't doing the ship excursions. Most of the ship excursions were wonderful. We were the first itinerary so soon the ship will know which ones are better than others. Many people for the Mediterranean cruises had Rick Steve's shore excursion book. We rented a car twice, sharing it with another couple each time. On Patmos, easy to get around if you can drive a stick shift up and down hills. Corfu, we got lost more than a few times but we found a beach no one else went to that was perfect and the beach recommended was packed.

We loved the TM and so did all of our new friends. Great vacation!

I would greatly appreciate knowing "why" you loved the TM, enough, in fact, to do back to back cruises. I love their itinerary for May 2014 but there is a similar itinerary on a Windstar Cruise on about the same date. I could easily tell someone why I loved the 10 night PG cruise we took last year. As these trips are a major investment in time and cost, knowing the particulars is especially important. For example, we love a smaller ship but at 90 people, does the TM feel too small? Did you cruise with others you knew? What made this so special for you? Thanks!

Camellia

Hi Camellia: I am sailing on the Venice to Croatia next week. Leaving for Venice on the 26th. This will make 28 days of sailing on the TM for me, so I'm getting to know the ship quite well.. I will post as I go so look for a new posting

Mike

Very interested in your opinions. Trying to choose between TM and Windstar next May. Thanks!

Windstar was in many of the same ports as the TM. We have not sailed on that ship so I can't compare for you. We had been on the PG and loved it.

What we loved:

1. The staff. They went out of their way for everyone, everyday, all day. Always smiling, always helpful. Everyone! Julie at reception started emailing different companies in Patmos and found a cheaper rental car place that would pick us up at the dock and return us. Manuel was wonderful to deal with. He went on some of our tours so he could see for himself how they were. He also inquired about the tours he did not go on. They would help us look at maps and tell us optional things to do. Excursions were expensive but many only had 4 or 6 of us.

2. Size of the ship. It was perfect for us. The Mediterranean itinerary lent itself to people who were interested in history and were active. The small ship meant we got to know people pretty well and found that we all had the same love of traveling. That also means we will try to meet up with many of them again for some kind of touring. None of us missed the big shows. I don't think many people stayed up late. We all loved when they did a poolside BBQ, especially when they brought on local Greek musicians. Mid ship was perfect if you have sea sick issues. One night when the wind was really blowing, the captain got us to the next port (calm there) by 10:30 pm instead of rocking all night and trying to arrive at 8 am the next day. That was superb and all of us noticed. We were very proud to be the smallest ship at the docks. We know we will never take a large ship for a cruise ever again.

3. Food was very good, sometimes outstanding. Two weeks in a row meant we were able to try different options as the menus were pretty much the same. Local food and cuisine meant lots of Greek food options, which we loved. We had a wonderful wine one night and when we asked for it again, it was brought right out. Presentation and service were excellent.

4. Staterooms. Outstanding beds. We were always being fed and had plenty of drink options so we rarely went into the stocked refrigerator. Only issue I had was the occasional bad "ship toilet smell" coming from our toilet. One night the toilets stopped working for a little while but that got fixed quickly. BRING YOUR OWN HAIRDRYER. I had read to do this before we went so I was ok. Also, it helps to have a multi-plug outlet with converter for the many electronic items we all have.

I would like to have seen a pool bartender that was a little more versed in different tropical drinks. Maybe a drink of the day or something but that is a minor complaint. We did not have a drink to excess crowd. Like I said, the Mediterranean is place to go to where you get up early and go see the sites.

Loved our fellow passengers. Loved the ship. Loved most of the itinerary (Zadar was not that great on a Sunday). Oh also, loved the price for us!

Archived