need advice

I have a 24 hour hold on cruise we really want to do in August 2014. It might be my daughters conferring day night of last sail day. She won't know till August this year. If I go ahead and book and I have to change cruise later what charges will I incur. If I hold till later Iknow cabin will be gone as its a one only 9 day cruise at that time of year.Do I take the gamble advice please.

Go ahead and book it with the minimum deposit payment, as you will have up to your final payment day (which is usually 60 day before sailing out) to cancel with no penalties so you'll have more than enough time to do so since it's over a yr plus out and your daughter's situation will be answered later this yr.

Thank you. I just needed someone to clarify it to me.I don't need to be told twice to go ahead and book it!!!! :)

But, since you are in Ireland, the rules might be different. Did you book with RCI directly (UK or US?), or with a travel agent (UK based?)?

Double check and get clarification from a UK cruiser, just to be sure that there is no cancelation penalty.

Thank you. I just needed someone to clarify it to me.I don't need to be told twice to go ahead and book it!!!! :)

You're in Ireland. Who are you booking with? If you are booking there or UK, you will incur cancellation or changing fees.

Booking conditions in UK are different not sure about Ireland. You cannot cancel without losing your deposit and will have to pay an admin fee to change cruises unless you book with a US travel agent.

Oy- your dateline says Ireland, there are big differences between how it works in the UK ( possibly other countries) and in the US, hold on before depositing to get some more advice from UK or Irish cruisers!

I've read there are penalties for canceling, don't know about changes? :confused:

I think it's £35 each to change booking and new cruise will be at the rate applicable at the time of change. Could be a lot more expensive as early booking discount will be lost. Best to check with Customer Services before paying deposit.

This is what I was told when I asked about changing our cruise on AOS from September to October.

Hope this helps

Gill :)

Thank all for advice. Have read up on line and I would incur a penelty for changing it to another cruise,I would only lose deposit if I cancel altogether. Im going ahead with it as conferring week could be after we return and if not will go on cruise later.

As a UK cruiser, this is how I understand the penalties....

A "minor change" costs £35pp....eg. change of cabin.

A "major change" costs £75pp....eg. change of saildate or ship.

Cancelling forfeits your deposit of £150pp.

What is "conferring day", please?

It's the 'passing out' day at University when there is a conferring ceremony held to present the graduates who have passed and gained a degree with their certificates. They usually wear cap and gown or cap and hood (traditional graduation dress)

Archived