Hotels close to MSY

Cruiser-66

I finally gave up trying to book a hotel close to the port. I'm now looking at hotels close to the airport. Would like a free shuttle, breakfast, clean room, and close to some thing that we could purchase a case of soda to take on our cruise. A couple I'm considering are Country Inn and Suites and Comfort Inn. Both are very close to airport, and offer shuttles and breakfast. I don't know the area, so not sure about a place to buy soda. Has anyone stayed here? I would like to here from someone who has stayed at either one. Also willing to consider other ideas. There is a football game, so that's why everything is booked up. Our date is Nov. 17th.

I am booked at a ramada inn in meatrie for our 2/16/2014 cruise. I have found the hotels are booked and downtown hotels are costing hundreds of dollars. I got mine for $110 a night with airport shuttle and free breakfast. They also have free shuttle to nola.

The airport hotels don't have much around them, other than gas stations / convenience stores. If you want something that is close to the French Quarter in that price range, I would recommend the Chateau Dupre, or the Comfort Inn and Suites downtown.

Also, If it were me, I would make sure that whatever I book is at a refundable rate, as other hotels could lower their rates / open up availability / reduce minimum night stay requirements as you get closer to your travel dates.

Archived