La Romana, Dominican Republic Shore Excursions

sabrefan

Wife and I will be on the Riviera departing 2/22/14, the cruise stops in La Romana, Dominican Republic. Shore excursions through Oceania are zip lining, Chavon River Cruise, Catalina Island beach, catamaran sail & snorkel, Saona and Island Escape just to name a few. Just wondering if anyone on this board has any feedback or experience on this port and or excursion please le me know.

We will be on the same itinerary a month before you, Jan 23. Sorry I can't help till then, but I will be blogging here during our cruise so you can follow along and get a little preview.

I have scheduled the Altos de Chavon and cigar factory tour for us. The cigar factory tour gets high marks on trip advisor, and I booked it because I think my husband will like it.

We had an excursion to some resort that was horrible. I don't want to sound like a prude but it was full little kids running around naked an peeing on the trees. Had trouble finding chairs and I felt like I was still on a ship with the worst chair hogs. Terrible food. There were so many complaints that Oceania refunded half the cost. Now that is customer service. The DR is not my favorite.

Archived