Mystery Island, Isle of pines

rabbit1971

Hi,

Here is a question for those who have visited these islands.

I am wondering how long the jetty's are that the tenders pull up to and how far away the beaches are.

The reason behind my query is this;, my 10 year old son has limited mobility and for long diststances he uses a wheelchair. He can walk or be carried for short distances ( up to 50m), and if he is unable to access the tender in his chair due to tides ect he could walk onto the boat, but may not be able to walk to the beach if the distances are too far from the boat, in which case we would not attempt it.

Thanks in advance

Alternatively if anyone has accessed these islands in a wheelchair how difficult was it?

thanks maree

Hi,

Here is a question for those who have visited these islands.

I am wondering how long the jetty's are that the tenders pull up to and how far away the beaches are.

The reason behind my query is this;, my 10 year old son has limited mobility and for long diststances he uses a wheelchair. He can walk or be carried for short distances ( up to 50m), and if he is unable to access the tender in his chair due to tides ect he could walk onto the boat, but may not be able to walk to the beach if the distances are too far from the boat, in which case we would not attempt it.

Thanks in advance

Alternatively if anyone has accessed these islands in a wheelchair how difficult was it?

thanks maree

I saw your post re this over on the Aussie forum. Personally, I don't think you will have any problem at the Isle of Pines . http://pacificpearltotahiti.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/isle-of-pines-new-caledonia.html

If I recall correctly , most of the roads around the beach/wharf are are bitumen. The jetty is quite small

Barry

Archived