Stuck!! No tours on Christmas Day?

lawgirl

Hello. We are in port on Christmas Day, but I cannot find anything to do. I really wanted to swim with turtles, but cannot find any catamaran that is sailing. Any help greatly appreciated!! I hate to book an overcrowded ship tour.

There should be a few taxi drivers around on Christmas Day

to provide transport to anywhere you want to go.

Make up your own tour, I'm sure

(they're not "locked-in" to any particular routine or route)

Hello. We are in port on Christmas Day, but I cannot find anything to do. I really wanted to swim with turtles, but cannot find any catamaran that is sailing. Any help greatly appreciated!! I hate to book an overcrowded ship tour.

Hi lawgirl - we are also stuck on XMAS day - I was going to search for private cat's, but sounds like you've already done that. I suppose there could be worse things then being stuck on a beach near the ship in Barbados.

Are you on the Carnival Valor or another ship?

If you find something and need a few other folks to make it work, please let me know and I'll do the same. We are a family of 4, wife and I and sons aged 17 amd 16.

Allen

Hi lawgirl - we are also stuck on XMAS day - I was going to search for private cat's, but sounds like you've already done that. I suppose there could be worse things then being stuck on a beach near the ship in Barbados.

Are you on the Carnival Valor or another ship?

If you find something and need a few other folks to make it work, please let me know and I'll do the same. We are a family of 4, wife and I and sons aged 17 amd 16.

Allen

Allen, we are on the Equinox, but can you email me directly ASAP about something? Jbabcockatrobinsonlawingdotcom. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone;

We are also booked on the Valor which stops in barbados for X-Mas day.

I haven't join the roll call yet but will soon.

We are a family of 3 (DD is 14) and we are also not sure what to do on X-Mas day.

We were also interested in snorkle with the turtles but I am not ure any private tours will be working on Dec 25th :(

If you have any ideas or suggestion maybe we can form a big private group and try to get some operators to organize something for us.

Have you checked to see what your ship is offering for shore excursions on Christmas Day?
I was thinking the same thing...do a ship's tour, if any are offered for Xmas Day.

Presumably their local tour operators are contractually bound to provide services? :confused:

If turtles are your big deal, and if the ship's tour suggestion doesn't work out

you need to get yourself down the West Coast aways to PAYNES BAY -just short of Sandy Lane

Jski-1265.jpg

Paynes Bay as seen from a coastal cruise, offshore..

where I'm thinking there might be one or two glass-bottom boats seeking business to take you out to the turtles.

There will be a few taxis around, I'm sure (just outside the port's gatehouse)

-grab one of them, even though they might expect a bit more reward than usual for Xmas Day Services Rendered.

All is not lost. ;)

PBay-916.jpg

Paynes Bay in late afternoon light, with a glass-bottom-boat at right

Payne's Bay looks gorgeous.

Is there a restaurant or amenities that this beach?

Do you know if tthey are open on X-Mas day?

We were planning to go to Carlisle Bay but I contacted Lobster Alive and they are closed for that day. We'll try the Boatyard and Harbour Lights but with 3 ships in port that day, it will be crowded.

Hey fellow Valor cruisers. Perhaps we should join our groups together when looking for a tour since it seems like we all want the same thing, snorkeling with turtles. Maybe a company will take us if we are a group of 12 or 16 rather than 3's and 4's.

My group would be 3 or 4 (depending on tour). Shall we join together?

Archived