Fantasy to Bahamas - solo cruise 5-3-13 - pics & review

NCTribeFan

My DH & I are sailing Fantasy in June... Was looking for a few posts that tell us what they saw, did and all around enjoyed. THANKS!! Looking forward to June

Question.. Shampoo & Conditioner... Do I need to bring my own? Princess has both, Royal just shampoo... so ... been MANY years since we sailed Carnival. What is in the Bathroom?

THANKS!

8739874290_4e8e304842_z.jpg

My towel doggy wearing my Carnival 100% Gold Plated Medal and my Platinum gift (something I am actually using for once).

LOL! I finally used my Tervis today for the FIRST time, as well! It's kinda nifty (although it does leak on the top even when the latch is closed). :rolleyes:

Wow! Someone revived my year-old Fantasy review thread!

I had booked for 5/6 with the two friends who sailed her with me last September but moved to Pride departing Sunday. I'm sort of sad that I won't be on her. I miss my waiters.

I really am just going to have to find a way to squeeze in a Fantasy sailing this year. I just can't imagine going a WHOLE YEAR without being on her. And I can't visit Charleston without getting on the ship, right? :p

There is a container in the shower stall with body wash and one with shampoo (it may be a shampoo/conditioner combo). I bring my own shampoo but use the body wash.

The "goody basket" in the bathrooms has many fewer items than they used to provide. Lately, all I've had (and this is on other ships as well) is just a toothpaste sample or two, breathe-right strips, some antacid I think.

I no longer plan on there being anything useful and bring all my own toiletries.

I don't notice the ship movement much these days. I learned about Ginger Root on these boards shortly after I joined and my cruise enjoyment has been greatly enhanced by it. Seriously. I've suffered from motion sickness my entire life and my first half-dozen or so cruises, I was mildly green the entire time.

Now, it doesn't really seem to matter how much movement there is. I do wonder, though, if I've sailed enough the past few years that my inner ear/brain has figured out that there isn't anything wrong and has just adjusted. I rode in the back seat of my SIL's car a few weekends ago (and he's not the most sedate driver on the roads) and felt nothing. I used to have to insist on sitting up front and usually insist on driving.

When I was on her in September, the seas were absolutely flat the entire time. I've never seen that on any other cruise. And there were people talking about all the movement. :confused:

Anyway, if you're prone to motion sickness, take Ginger Root. If you aren't, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared.