Problem getting Bring a Friend OBC--what to do?

I realize this is a petty complaint, but I am leaving Friday on Majesty and have been trying since I made the reservation in February to get C&A "Bring a Friend" OBC. I kept trying to enter my friend's information but I was getting a message that said her birthdate information was incorrect. I called C&A and they told me to "keep trying." She finally checked in online on Monday, and then I went to enter the information again, and it said I had to do it 7 days before the cruise. Ugh! I just chatted with C&A and they won't apply the credit--they said that when I called, the person I spoke with should've offered to enter it for me.

What is the point of having an option to enter stuff online if it doesn't work???

Has anyone ever had this fixed? The chat lady suggested I called the Loyalty Ambassador to try to get an exception. Again, it's only $25, but it's really frustrating!

I realize this is a petty complaint, but I am leaving Friday on Majesty and have been trying since I made the reservation in February to get C&A "Bring a Friend" OBC. I kept trying to enter my friend's information but I was getting a message that said her birthdate information was incorrect. I called C&A and they told me to "keep trying." She finally checked in online on Monday, and then I went to enter the information again, and it said I had to do it 7 days before the cruise. Ugh! I just chatted with C&A and they won't apply the credit--they said that when I called, the person I spoke with should've offered to enter it for me.

What is the point of having an option to enter stuff online if it doesn't work???

Has anyone ever had this fixed? The chat lady suggested I called the Loyalty Ambassador to try to get an exception. Again, it's only $25, but it's really frustrating!

I got the same error message once (about the birthdate), and all I had to do was have the friend complete their online check-in. After that, I could successfully complete the bring-a-friend website form.

I had the same problem, my fiance's birthdate was not entered so it would not let me submit for OBC. I had to call Royal Caribbean about something else anyway (I called the main line, not C&A) so I also asked about adding his birthdate and they did it for me. Then I was able to submit for OBC (it's still "pending" though because I haven't done final payment).

She has completed it, but unfortunately we're within 7 days of the cruise, so now they're telling me I can't get the credit.

They also told me that she shouldn't have to have completed the online checkin in order for me to get the credit--that it should've been tied to the reservation and that I just had to enter her information. That's also what the person at C&A told me when I called. So they tell you that the person doesn't have to check in, but in reality they do need to. That's why I'm frustrated.

She has completed it, but unfortunately we're within 7 days of the cruise, so now they're telling me I can't get the credit.

They also told me that she shouldn't have to have completed the online checkin in order for me to get the credit--that it should've been tied to the reservation and that I just had to enter her information. That's also what the person at C&A told me when I called. So they tell you that the person doesn't have to check in, but in reality they do need to. That's why I'm frustrated.

Yes, it is frustrating when you don't get accurate information from the reps. It's probably not worth the time to pursue it at this point, but you might try once more, this time asking to talk to resolutions. It's really their misinformation that is responsible for the delay.

I had the same problem and response. I called the C & A number and they got it straightened out. My issue had to do with the fact that I was using a NextCruise reservation so the date of my reservation was considered the date I bought the NextCruise. Apparently this created a problem with the "Bring a Friend" program. They straightened it out for me on the phone.

I had the same problem. My kids and I are booked for FOS 11/24. After booking, my boyfriend decided to join us. When I tried to get the OBC bring a friend I also had trouble doing it online, but called C&A and they straightend it out immediately for me, but told me the credit would not show up on my invoice until closer to the cruise, which I will just keep on top of.

How do you get the bring a friend OBC? This will be my boyfriend's first cruise and it may apply...

It's for Crown & Anchor members. Not sure if you have to be at a certain level, but it's an option on the C&A section of the website.

How do you get the bring a friend OBC? This will be my boyfriend's first cruise and it may apply...

Here's the info and a link to use:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736&faqSubjectId=345&faqType=faq

We tried to get the "bring a friend' credit n our AK cruise last August. We booked with an online TA. They put us into a group booking. [we did not know this at the time] When we tried to get the credit they told us we could not because we had a group booking.

We were annoyed at the TA for not telling us about the group booking. [will not use her again]

We tried the online information entry several times before we finally called. RCL makes this very difficult to get this very small OBC.

I had issuse with a saving certificate....called several times and it would never post. One day online I hit the chat now icon from the C&A page and had a great person at the other end. She got it posted as we "chatted". Very helpful....she even sent me an updated invoice showing it.

Might want to give that a try.....

Karen

Archived