Bacardi Tour ?

dyanna72

The last time I was on this tour was in 1992. Do they still take you into a room in which you look thru the glass & watch the factory bottling the rum? I also remember when you walked into the room it had such a strong scent of the rums itself. If not what is the tour like today.

The last time I was on this tour was in 1992. Do they still take you into a room in which you look thru the glass & watch the factory bottling the rum? I also remember when you walked into the room it had such a strong scent of the rums itself. If not what is the tour like today.

Save your money and buy a bottle of Don Q

We took the tour in 2009, it was a very dull tour and I don't recall seeing anything being bottled. There is a tour of another rum producer(I think Malibu rum) in Barbados that was much better.

I took the tour last year. You get a ticket for the tour and I believe 2 free drink tickets too. They call your tour group and you get on there open air tram. This takes you to a visitor center where you see a short movie and tour . There is a room at the end that has several small casks with the different smells of liquor. You can also record a video and send it to anyone via email. We only drove by the plant.

I took the tour about 2 years ago, it was boring; I was sitting on some of the chairs while she was talking; the only good thing is you see the bottles on top of each other and the 2 drinks you get free; the store has stuff but is very expensive; I took the Curaco tour in Curaco and that was not worth it either

They give you a couple tiks for free pre-mixed drinks, take you through a few presentations in rooms set up to look like old Cuba talking about the history of Bacardi and rum making. The last stop before the store is a real bar where they tell you how to make some popular drinks (monitor, Cuba libre, rum and coke). Then they let you out at the store. If you've never done it, interesting.

You no longer see any actual operations. You watch a movie now. There is a room with small (pickle jar sized) containers you can open & smell.

If you go, DIY. The cruise ship tour price is a ridiculous rip off.

Ship's tour: ~ $39 pp

DIY: Walk off the ship & turn left. Go into the next pier with the big sign for Bacardi on the side of the building. Pay $0.50 pp one way to take a ferry. Get off the ferry. Walk to the road & turn right. Walk to a multi-story parking garage. (There will be people pointing the way & most of the other passangers from your ferry will be going this way too). Pay $3.00 pp one way to take a taxi to the Bacardi plant. The tour & the 2 free drinks are just that: free. You do have the option to purchase a large mojito or pina coloda for $10 cash (they don't take credit cards which IMHO is dumb because they do take them 20 yards away in the gift shoppe). Total cost R/T: $7 pp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't remember if it's a souvenir cup.

We docked at 3 pm & we made it but you can't dawdle. Be among the 1st off the ship & walk as quickly as possible to the ferry pier. Have exact change for your party which will speed getting your ferry tickets.

• 2 weeks later...
You no longer see any actual operations. You watch a movie now. There is a room with small (pickle jar sized) containers you can open & smell.

If you go, DIY. The cruise ship tour price is a ridiculous rip off.

That's crazy. DH and I did this back in 2002 and I remember the big glass windows with the huge steel vat or whatever it was. That was the most interesting part. No video back then. They did take us to that room and explain the history of Bacardi rum. They even explained the grounds that make up the factory. We got the 2 drink coupons. I wracked up about 6, because two of the ladies on our tour were expecting and gave theirs to me. Never understood why they even went on the tour. Guess they just like Rum.:D

Archived