This is a first for us ! Cloths missing -we were in "The Haven" dah

cruiser12

After taking 34 cruises the odds were in our favor till now.

Just checking to see if this has ever happen to anyone on CC.

I did the packing at the end of our cruise on the Gem ( May 4-May 11, 2013)

My husband had a jacket that was was of a very soft material, I remember saying how nice and soft the feel was as I was folding it and placing it in the luggage along with my things.

We are now home and asks me for his jacket - no where to be found along with a ladies top.

I think you all know the rest searched everywhere. No cloths !

In the scream of things this is so minor, but makes me uncomfortable.

After taking 34 cruises the odds were in our favor till now.

Just checking to see if this has ever happen to anyone on CC.

I did the packing at the end of our cruise on the Gem ( May 4-May 11, 2013)

My husband had a jacket that was was of a very soft material, I remember saying how nice and soft the feel was as I was folding it and placing it in the luggage along with my things.

We are now home and asks me for his jacket - no where to be found along with a ladies top.

I think you all know the rest searched everywhere. No cloths !

In the scream of things this is so minor, but makes me uncomfortable.

When packing up to leave the DAWN (SJ suite) a couple weeks ago I got my flashlight out and checked behind the drawers......in 5 different locations I found articles of clothing that didn't belong to me that had fallen behind the drawers. Bra, panties, boxer shorts, and a ladies top....along with a few misc items behind the bathoom drawer like a tooth brush head and disposable razor.

when packing up to leave the dawn (sj suite) a couple weeks ago i got my flashlight out and checked behind the drawers......in 5 different locations i found articles of clothing that didn't belong to me that had fallen behind the drawers. Bra, panties, boxer shorts, and a ladies top....along with a few misc items behind the bathoom drawer like a tooth brush head and disposable razor.

you have six trips booked onthe breakaway????? I like your style....lol

I have an SJ Suite onthe Dawn in a little over three months..... Do remember if the main bed was "splitable"??? also, any tips or comments about your trip?

After taking 34 cruises the odds were in our favor till now. ... this is so minor, but makes me uncomfortable.

Sucks for sure. So many places for it to disappear.

guy taking bags down the hall

another taking down the elevator

another loading onto carts to go ashore

another moving it again

TSA (assuming the airport)

airport staff

few other places

And, in my case - I have been proven wrong when I was 100% sure I knew where something was, only to discover I actually did something else (like leave it out or somewhere)

you have six trips booked onthe breakaway????? I like your style....lol

I have an SJ Suite onthe Dawn in a little over three months..... Do remember if the main bed was "splitable"??? also, any tips or comments about your trip?

I'm just a bit obsessive, and adicted to cruising...:D

The main bed in the SJ doesn't split. We didn't use the murphy bed or sleeper sofa since it was just the 2 of us.

There are quite a few drawers for storage, but they are all narrow and not very deep at all....probably why I found so many hidden items behind the drawers.

There is quite a bit of space for hanging items in the closet....pack your clothes on hangers or ask the cabin steward for extras.

SJ Suite 12018 is right next to one of the suites with a balcony....we had full view of thier balcony, and I'm sure they could see into our windows as well.

We moved the chairs around so they faced out at the water, which made more sense to up. A couple afternoons we hosted gatherings in the suite, with up to 20 people....luckily others had SJ suites so we rounded up enough chairs.

Be careful you don't stub your toes on the floor guide for the wall partition....I did it a few times before I got used to it.

Unlike many of the other ships on the DAWN the butlers aren't supposed to deliver Breakfast and Lunch from Cagney's to the suites.

My pre-cruise requests weren't done, for example the pillows I ordered....so in the future I probably wouldn't bother making those requests until I get on the ship.

I told the Butler that we only wanted sweets/chocolates for our afternoon treats and not to bother with the canape's. We enjoyed the selection of items he brought each afternoon.....everything from a bowl of gummy bears, chips, chocolates, cookies, brownies, and chocolate covered strawberries.

Do you know why you can't order breakfast and lunch from cagney's for room service. That sucks. I would rather go to cagney's but taking grandkids in this very suite and one of them love's room service.

I believe it has to do with the number of suites on the ship, since they added so many new suites on deck 12 there are more suites than on the Jewel class ships.

It doesn't hurt to try, and they may allow it on occasion....but not as a regular event.

Room service at other times, deliverd by the Butler didn't seem to be an issue.

Sucks for sure. So many places for it to disappear.

guy taking bags down the hall

another taking down the elevator

another loading onto carts to go ashore

another moving it again

TSA (assuming the airport)

airport staff

few other places

And, in my case - I have been proven wrong when I was 100% sure I knew where something was, only to discover I actually did something else (like leave it out or somewhere)

TSA will usually put a sheet of paper in your bag if they open to inspect.. but that's not saying they would ALWAYS do it.. but they did it to 2 of my bags last summer. Things were rifled in and some boxes opened, but I don't think anything was missing

So many Breakaway's booked but I don't see any for this August(hint hint) lol I'm bummed I won't get to hang with you in April. I was so looking foward to seeing you guys :)

What suite and what ship ? If you are in the haven , the courtyard steward will bring you your breakfast / lunch order . So nice to sit in the haven and enjoy a relaxing breakfast /lunch

My grand babies and I loved it. .

So many Breakaway's booked but I don't see any for this August(hint hint) lol I'm bummed I won't get to hang with you in April. I was so looking foward to seeing you guys :)

I wish we could get away for a cruise in August, not likely......but I'll see what I can do. ;) Wish you could sneak away from school for the December 8th cruise...:o

I wish we could get away for a cruise in August, not likely......but I'll see what I can do. ;) Wish you could sneak away from school for the December 8th cruise...:o

I'm sneaking away from school for the April cruise. ;)

Do you know why you can't order breakfast and lunch from cagney's for room service. That sucks. I would rather go to cagney's but taking grandkids in this very suite and one of them love's room service.

We have on occasion had room service deliverd from Cagneys and I have also called and ordered lunch from there and gone done and picked it up myself. Once I decided I wanted a salad from the buffet for lunch and some fries from Cagneys to go with it and called and ordered them and picked them up on the way to the buffet line and ate them there.

Haven't been on the Dawn recently, but have done the Star four times in the last year. Same ship basically. If we were told we could not have Cagney's delivered to our room, I would dial 8888 and straighten it out with the HD. That would be an unacceptable situation.

TSA will usually put a sheet of paper in your bag if they open to inspect..

I don't think the implication was that it fell out during inspection, but rather was stolen. Thieves don't leave notes!

When packing up to leave the DAWN (SJ suite) a couple weeks ago I got my flashlight out and checked behind the drawers......in 5 different locations I found articles of clothing that didn't belong to me that had fallen behind the drawers. Bra, panties, boxer shorts, and a ladies top....along with a few misc items behind the bathoom drawer like a tooth brush head and disposable razor.

Also be sure to check under the bed before leaving...and toss the sheets and blankets, since sometimes something on top of the bed either falls and gets kicked under or gets covered with blankets.

I USED to sweep my foot under the bed instead of using a flashlight, until I was in a hotel that was being refurbished and ended up kicking a drill that was left under the bed. :eek: That smilie looks about like my face did when I hit it. The hotel's doctor checked my foot, and they gave me free lunch, but I hobbled around for two days. Wince. Now I get down on my knees and use a flashlight instead.

DML

What suite and what ship ? If you are in the haven , the courtyard steward will bring you your breakfast / lunch order . So nice to sit in the haven and enjoy a relaxing breakfast /lunch

My grand babies and I loved it. .

Any full suite with butler/concierge (IOW...not a mini-suite) should offer this service. There was a blow up a while back where one particular concierge was refusing to let the butler do it, but hopefully that has been nixed by corporate and/or the ship now. If you have problems, contact the concierge...and if necessary... Who would be next up? The HD? That sounds right to me, but I could be wrong. Since it deals with food service but also with room service, I would think the HD would be your person to complain to if you're not getting your perks for room service in your suite.

DML

I do a clean sweep of our cabin before I get my luggage arrives. Taking my money and jewelry which was left in my coach bag out in the open would have made it obvious and some would would get caught . This was a message ! I do not think they liked the tip they got from us.

So from now on if I decide to tip it will be as I am walking off the ship. My husband tipped everyone the day before. Yes I did leave my cabin and luggage open, I decided to pack in the afternoon and finish at night. Never did that before. Yes these things were stollen. And believe you me, this cabin is cleaned.

I do clean these cabins, wipe down everything , in and out up and down.

I was asking if this ever happened to anyone before what did you do if anything .

Thanks everyone.

Looking to do number 35, and beyond

Given all of the opportunities for others to access luggage, I have been using mini brightly colored cable ties on all of the zip locks. Hot pink on the main zipper, lime green on the side sip, lemon yellow on the expander, etc., If a cable is missing I know someone tried to get into my luggage. Too many people have keys to TSA locks - I don't bother to use them any more.

In over 100 cruises, I have had only one item stolen - at Logan Airport - my digital travel alarm clock [the battery was not in the clock] from my checked suite case. No TSA letter either!

Darcy

TSA will usually put a sheet of paper in your bag if they open to inspect.. but that's not saying they would ALWAYS do it.. but they did it to 2 of my bags last summer. Things were rifled in and some boxes opened, but I don't think anything was missing

On more than one occasion, my lock was taken off and never put back on so I know TSA was in the bag. I have never had the "sheet of paper" left. I never put anything of value in my suitcases. Sometimes a pain but it is what it is. If they need any of my clothes, I guess they need them more than I do.

Given all of the opportunities for others to access luggage, I have been using mini brightly colored cable ties on all of the zip locks. Hot pink on the main zipper, lime green on the side sip, lemon yellow on the expander, etc., If a cable is missing I know someone tried to get into my luggage. Too many people have keys to TSA locks - I don't bother to use them any more.

In over 100 cruises, I have had only one item stolen - at Logan Airport - my digital travel alarm clock [the battery was not in the clock] from my checked suite case. No TSA letter either!

Darcy

We used to do that until we got our suitcases back and the zipper tabs were broken off and the ring holding the tabs were all bent up. Now it's really hard to open and close our suitcase.

What I do now is have a certain article of clothing folded in a certain way on top and put a note for TSA to please fold this article of clothing exactly the way it is folded if searching through the bag. Worked so far...

Archived