Review carnival spirit cruise 29.4.13-9.5.13

Hi,

This is just a short review of our cruise on the Carnival Spirit .Yes it was the cruise where an unfortunate event occured however this is not about that its about my impressions and review of the cruise.

Firstly let tell you I am not your average 60 + year old .

I had read numerous reviews of the Spirit some favourable some not so favourable.

The only way to find out anything is experience ir for yourself.

We were lucky we boarded early at 12.00 midday...it was a breeze friendly staff...we were checked in and on board within 10 minutes.Unfortunatly shortly after that the computers went down and it caused some delays for other passengers.....can happen to any cruise line.

When we started to explore the ship I was really impressed with staff with shirts with " just ask me" printed on it .Whayt a great idea especially for 1st time cruisers.

I liked the ship....the layout was good with plenty of seating and deck chairs around the pools and public bars and arears. The lifts were much speedier than most other ships and there was plent of them.

We has a oceanview cabin on deck 1 and it was spacious and well appointed with a bigger than normal shower recess.

The food in MDR was good ,hot and the service was terrific.I know from other reviews that some didn,t like the waiers dancing and singing but i loved it and everyone got into the spirit of it.

The buffet food while good did lack a bit of variety ,howeve it was well set out and seating was never a problem.

Jimmys BBQ did nothing for us....not our type of BBq.

The shows and guest artist I have seen before but it would have been a great experience for 1stb timers.

The theatre was well set out with plenty of leg room to allow waiters passage to deliver drinks to you without guest having to stand to let them pass.

the adults retreat area was really nice but very hard to get a seat or lounge.

One downfall for us was that they changed the early dinner sitting to 5.30pm on requst from passengers with children...I heard the anytime dinning was a lottery to get a table.

we had good weather and sea conditions and I visited Mare for the 1st time and it was beautiful....great beach with crystal clear water....good for swimming and snokling.

We did the Zego boats in Vila and had a blast....sooooo much fun.

My impressions of carnival Spirit ....its a nice well appointed ship with friendly staff and good service.

If you do not like to cruise with a lot of kids then its probally not for you...we had 500 kids onboard and sure they were a bit noisy but they were pretty well behaved....really they are only little people having fun.....just like i used too.

Would I sail on Spirit again....yes but pick the right time.

Overall good value for money.....and I did tame Green Thunder twice.

Happy Days

Col:)

Col

Can you recall (as you are 60!! :) ) the time of the show for late diners?? How does the mix of traditional dining times and anytime dining work?? We are accustomed to fixed time dining -- we did anytime on Pacific Dawn once and didn't care for it much.

Thanks

Barry (aged 66 - please respect your elders)

Hey Col

What was disembarkation like and times from start of disembarkation to then end

Hi, I was on this cruise too, disembarkation was the smoothest I've ever experienced, all done by 9 am, commenced about 7 am. It took about 5 mins to disembark from the time my number was called to taxi rank. Tendering was also very well coordinated.

Cat

hi ,

i think show time was 7pm

Thanks for that. I have been on some cruiseships where the show for late diners starts 10.30 - 10.45. :eek: It was a killer for me - after early rises and many port visits. We always used to go to early dinner - as it is our natural inclination here at home, but we have discovered the advantages of dining late on cruiseships -- PROVIDED there is an early show for late diners.

Barry

Hey col Garry's daughter and family was on that same cruise.... Our daughter Melanie is going on the 17th of June....... What where those boats on Vila .... Sounds like something the kids would like

Joanne

Archived