Intransit Passengers - San Diego

Has anyone done back-to-back cruises out of San Siego?

We have done quite a few in Ft Lauderdale and know the procedures there.

If you have done a back-to-back cruise out of San Diego, what were the procedures for turn-around day? Did you have to get off the ship and go through immigration in the terminal?

Lisa wrote me you had a post on here and I feel honored to actually have a little insight into something that might help someone. We were on Ryndam last year out of San Diego on back to backs, Sea or Cortez and Mexican Riviera. We received our new cards the night before in our cabin and then on the debarkation/embarkation day we had the option of staying on board and activating our cards or getting off with old card and back on with new ones. We opted to get off as we were meeting some friends that were joining us on the 2nd part of trip and doing lunch in San Diego. We merely took the new cards with us and as soon as we got back to the pier we went right back on board the ship without doing any paperwork, of course they were more than happy to take our picture again boarding. They had told us if we got off and wanted back on before they opened the main gangway we could enter through the crew entryway but said we could use main entrance anytime after approx 11. It was very smooth and oh so much fun that morning not having to get off or having had to put our luggage out the night before. Hope this helps. Have a super cruise

Mary:)

DonMaryCar

Thanks so much for reporting in.

I do have a couple of questions. In Ft Lauderdale we have always had to get off the ship to go through immigration between the cruises. What did you do in San Diego?

I was going to start a search in a few weeks as I knew there were some cc'er's who did these cruises this past spring.

Do you remember which nights were formal, informal, casual? Did you save your daily programs to look up this information?

We have done the Sea of Cortez and Mexican Riviera before but we do have a couple of new ports. Manzanillo and Topolobampo are the only 2 new ports for us. What did you do in those ports?

Krazy Kruizer

They told us we were just like transit vistors in any port we did not actually fill out the customs declaration (I think, but if others swear they did I wouldn't argue because I'm not much for details) I think we merely showed the agents as we walked by our new cards to indicate we were getting back on the ship.

When we went to Manzanillo we walked around the city, very quaint and did a little with the local color in the cantinas had a great time with the locals who had a street show with the kids for the passengers. I don't remember the other new port you mentioned that must have been added.

Guess just not a great resource for you, sorry. I didn't save our programs from the cruise. All I can really remember is we had 2 formal nights each week but can't recall which nights they were, I think they were the first sea day then they usually try to have the next to the last night on ship as a formal night don't they? I do remember we loved every minute of the trip.

Over all we thought San Diego port was very smooth and problem free, there were even 3 boats in when we came in. Several folks on our cruise that were doing Back to Backs went down and toured the Midway and had lunch on her, seemed like a popular destination.

Mary:)

Thanks Mary

We have taken several cruises out of San Diego so are quite familar with the area.

In fact, last year when we did the 21 day Pan American cruise out of there, we had flown in a couple of days early, and we also toured the Midway - really enjoyed that.

I did a B2B in Dec. 2003. The Old card got us off the ship, Statendam. We walked to the downtown mall and had lunch. When we returned to the port area we just showed our new card and bypassed all the long lines for people checking in for the cruise. The other things that were nice was the last night on the first cruise after the second show, all the entertainers were in the Lido having coffee and eating. Our waiter asked us what table we wanted for the second cruise. We had pick of the dining room and said we wanted to still have him. We picked another table and sure enough he and his assistant followed us to our NEW table on the second cruise.

Cliffy

As I said we have have done a LOT of back-to-back cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.

We have been fortunate many times to have the same dining room waitstaff on both segments.

But there have been times when they changed and since we didn't wish to change tables or dining times, we had to settle for a new crew.

Archived