Explorer..rumors

Was wondering what the latest rumors are on her new home port. Someone posted that she is scheduled to visit St.Maarten in Nov 2014 but obviously not from Bayonne.

Why not?

We sailed on EOS out of Bayonne twice and went to St. Martin.

She's going to Port Canaveral in November 2014. I'm not sure where she will go after dry dock though. I saw this info on a Facebook page. Two week repositioning cruise starting November 1st.

She's going to Port Canaveral in November 2014. I'm not sure where she will go after dry dock though. I saw this info on a Facebook page. Two week repositioning cruise starting November 1st.

On Royal Caribbean's FB page you saw this?

Do you remember the itinerary?

Port Canaveral - as third ship, or a replacement for one of the two currently there? Are you confusing the Explorer with the Enchantment?

M

Port Canaveral - as third ship, or a replacement for one of the two currently there? Are you confusing the Explorer with the Enchantment?

M

Don't think he is confusing the Enchantment with the Explorer. Big rumors are that PC will get a 3rd RCI ship next year and it looks like the puzzle is coming together.

Was wondering what the latest rumors are on her new home port. Someone posted that she is scheduled to visit St.Maarten in Nov 2014 but obviously not from Bayonne.

Last week on the Freedom during our Crown and Anchor party our Captain said that she would move to year round out of Galvaston in 2014 with the arrival of Quantum in Bayonne.

As for Port Canaveral...our Captain said there was some rumors of another ship coming there, but nothing has been scheduled as of yet. I know that we heard rumors about an Oasis class (there are two more in the works by the way) but he said it is very unlikely that Canaveral would get an Oasis class ship anytime in the future.

Given that Port Canaveral has already publicly announced that Royal Caribbean is going to put a 3rd ship there for part of the year starting in winter 2014-2015, it isn't shocking it will be Explorer. The timing certainly works.

"Port Canaveral expects Royal Caribbean International to announce that it is basing a third ship at the port in the winter of 2014-15, as the cruise line tests the waters for expanded service from Brevard County's seaport"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2013/05/02/royal-caribbean-port-canaveral/2129169/

Last week on the Freedom during our Crown and Anchor party our Captain said that she would move to year round out of Galvaston in 2014 with the arrival of Quantum in Bayonne.

As for Port Canaveral...our Captain said there was some rumors of another ship coming there, but nothing has been scheduled as of yet. I know that we heard rumors about an Oasis class (there are two more in the works by the way) but he said it is very unlikely that Canaveral would get an Oasis class ship anytime in the future.

The Navigator is going to be in Galveston year round.

Rumors that Quantum of the Seas will homeport in Bayonne following an upgrade to the facility....... I hope so!

Not a rumor anymore, announced by Royal last month.

Rumors that Quantum of the Seas will homeport in Bayonne following an upgrade to the facility....... I hope so!

This is not a rumor. Quantum of the Seas is going to be based in Bayonne, NJ. This was already officially announced by Royal Caribbean.

We were on the Navigator last year in the Med. Did Liberty already replace Navigator in the Med or is there to be another change. They currently have Liberty and Legend doing the Med. Changes there too???

I believe they are pulling 2 ships from Europe starting in 2014 because of the softening market conditions. Only 7 ships there next Summer

On Royal Caribbean's FB page you saw this?

It is a cruise group that I am on for Facebook not Royal Caribbean. I will try and copy/paste the itinerary that was posted there yesterday.....I hope it works. I would love to go on this repositioning cruise but I can't pull my kiddies from school for 2 weeks :eek:

970797_10151580411282310_1547146607_n.jpg

According to the latest refurb schedule from Royal Caribbean, Explorer is set for drydock in February 2015. With this re-positioning schedule, though, I could certainly see a 2 week drydock in Freeport starting November 15 and then a return to start cruising from Port Canaveral. I would think they'd want to have her fixed up before sailing from her new port to make a good impression.

You're right RCI has not listed it on their website. If past experience is any guide it will not be any bargain basement price. In the past any of the repositioning cruises from the Northeast to Florida in the fall have been on the pricey side.

Archived