Transferring the NEW next cruise certificate...

Any one have any luck with this. The new certificate makes it very clear it is possible but the RCCL reps I have spoken with seem to have no idea how to do it. They keep giving me the directions to transfer it to a travel agent.

Any one have any luck with this. The new certificate makes it very clear it is possible but the RCCL reps I have spoken with seem to have no idea how to do it. They keep giving me the directions to transfer it to a travel agent.

Where do you want to transfer it to ?

I believe the OP wants to change the guest's name on the NC to someone else. Supposedly, since Royal took away the Friends & Family certificates, you are now supposed to be able to buy an NC in your name, and then change the name once to someone else.

To the OP, I'd try calling Crown & Anchor and see if they can help.

Third person third different answer... NONE of them correct.

Now they are trying to tell me that I need to select a ship and sail date first and then transfer it.

However, the "Terms and Conditions" on the certificate say,

"Open Bookings are fully transferable to friends and family at no cost prior to selecting your ship and sail date."

I believe the OP wants to change the guest's name on the NC to someone else. Supposedly, since Royal took away the Friends & Family certificates, you are now supposed to be able to buy an NC in your name, and then change the name once to someone else.

To the OP, I'd try calling Crown & Anchor and see if they can help.

Bob, yes this is what I am trying to do. I'm still on hold with a "supervisor", if they can't help I will call Crown and Anchor.

Bob, yes this is what I am trying to do. I'm still on hold with a "supervisor", if they can't help I will call Crown and Anchor.

Please let us know how this gets resolved.

Please let us know how this gets resolved.

All resolved!

I really think it is one of those things where you just have to get someone on the phone who knows what is going on. I had to explain to several people that the program had recently changed, and they still continued to tell me the old terms and conditions.

It probably didn't help that I was who the certificate was being transferred to.

The basic procedure, according to the person who finally got it transferred is for the original cert owner to call it in. They just need the name of the new owner and then the new owner can make the actual reservation whenever they want.

I called again a while later just to make sure it really got done and talked to someone very eager and helpful. She insisted on double checking that I didn't need to sail on the same cruise as the original cert owner and eventually saw that it is a unique booking number and not tied to another booking.

My name is on it now and all is good.As soon as I figure out how I will post the terms and conditions part of the cert. I have never had any luck with photo sharing sites.

Thanks for your help.

All resolved!

I really think it is one of those things where you just have to get someone on the phone who knows what is going on. I had to explain to several people that the program had recently changed, and they still continued to tell me the old terms and conditions.

It probably didn't help that I was who the certificate was being transferred to.

The basic procedure, according to the person who finally got it transferred is for the original cert owner to call it in. They just need the name of the new owner and then the new owner can make the actual reservation whenever they want.

I called again a while later just to make sure it really got done and talked to someone very eager and helpful. She insisted on double checking that I didn't need to sail on the same cruise as the original cert owner and eventually saw that it is a unique booking number and not tied to another booking.

My name is on it now and all is good.As soon as I figure out how I will post the terms and conditions part of the cert. I have never had any luck with photo sharing sites.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for letting us know. Do you think it's best to call C&A to transfer the NC, or should any booking agent be able to do it?

Thanks for letting us know. Do you think it's best to call C&A to transfer the NC, or should any booking agent be able to do it?

Any booking agent SHOULD be able to do it... in the future, I think I will call C&A first and then call someone else if the need arises. I tried calling C&A this time too but the wait time was much longer than it was on the reservation line.

I also learned that I can transfer an open booking to a travel agent before the actual reservations is made!

Archived