recent Freedom suite question

Someone posted on another thread that on Freedom and in a suite, there was no breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant. Is this true? We were on FOS two years ago and had cooked to order breakfast in Chops(or Portofino) every morning and brought our lunch in from the WJ. We are doing a b2b in Sept. and will be extremely disappointed if this perk is not offered. As I recall, we even got fresh squeezed OJ for no cost.

According to the deck plan Chops and Portofino's are in close proximity to the WJ. Although I haven't been on the Freedom it stands to reason that suite guests would have access to both. :)

Maybe someone else will provide a more definitive answer.

Been on the Liberty recently and on the sea day, they allowed all the passangers to use both, the Chops and the Portofino due to the massification of the WJ that day, it was impossible to get a table :eek:

Also, on the last day of cruise (Cannes) they also allowed anyone who wanted to use them. Don't know the rest of the days.

Freedom has cooked to order breakfast as well as a buffet in Portofino and Chops. The buffet is very limited. We could bring our food from WJ as well.

Actually enjoyed the bagel and lox in the MDR .

Neither restaurant was ever crowded at breakfast

Betty

Freedom has cooked to order breakfast as well as a buffet in Portofino and Chops. The buffet is very limited. We could bring our food from WJ as well.

Betty

On our December b2b, the only thing cooked to order in Portofino was eggs. There was nothing held in Chops.

Someone posted on another thread that on Freedom and in a suite, there was no breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant. Is this true? We were on FOS two years ago and had cooked to order breakfast in Chops(or Portofino) every morning and brought our lunch in from the WJ. We are doing a b2b in Sept. and will be extremely disappointed if this perk is not offered. As I recall, we even got fresh squeezed OJ for no cost.

In December there was a special breakfast for Gold Card Holders held in Portofino. All that was made there were egg dishes. If you wanted anything else, like pancakes or french toast or waffles, the waiter went into the WJ to get it. There was a small buffet set up with pastries/breads, fruits, cereals, cheese and meats. There was a charge for Fresh Squeezed OJ.

There was nothing held in the afternoon for lunch. You could get your lunch from the WJ and then take it into Chops or Portofino to eat.

Thanks, Patti. I suspected that the poster who said this was not available on Freedom was incorrect. We love this suite perk! Maybe the fresh OJ was only on Mariner. I can live without it!

Archived