ENCHANTMENT - Panoramic Oceanview Cabin

I've heard these cabins do not have a refrigerator, but that you were able to request one.

travelbug-

There absolutely IS a refrigerator in the room! I had our room attendant to clean it out so I could house our personal beverages.

Did you have any problem with Centrum noise ? I have heard reports that may be the case with those cabins

That would be my concern in looking at the deck plans. They look like they are right in the Centrum.

I have read elsewhere that some folks have reported that they can hear the Centrum band at night while in these rooms. I guess it depends on how late you stay out. We are not late nighters.

Do you know if all the cabins have refrigerators or is it just the new ones?

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge about that. Why not call RCI and double-check? I'm sure that's a concern others may have too.

I have read elsewhere that some folks have reported that they can hear the Centrum band at night while in these rooms. I guess it depends on how late you stay out. We are not late nighters.

With all due respect to those who are extra noise sensitive... the music in the evening isn't ridiculously loud. However, if that could be a potential problem at 9 or 10 p.m., then the Panoramic oceanview cabins aren't for you. My hubby and I didn't go to bed prior to midnight, so we slept extremely well at night.

Do you know if all the cabins have refrigerators or is it just the new ones?

Our inside cabin did not have a refrigerator. Our safe was the old kind where you had to use a credit card to slide on the strip for opening and closing.

Nick,

Dh and I were on the same cruise and I have to say out of 30 cruises this one was our least enjoyable. :( I would like to know your thoughts.

Congrats on that many cruises. This was our 7th and wanted more our of the cruise.

I have to start with the Staff...it had to have been the worst guest friendly staff we have sailed with. It always seemed to be like we were asking everyone to go out of there way unless we were the ones that were to tip them at the end of the cruise (Dinner wait staff & State room attendant). I lost count of the times that we almost got run over by cart or someone in the halls. Also with the new auto tipping that RCCL has instated don't even think about changing the tip amounts to a lower amount. You have to fill out pages of paper work and then they can not even guarantee that you staff that you did not change or modify will get the tips. I looked about doing this because I never say the "Head Waiter". Never once did he/she introduce them selves nor did we ever see a red coat assist out waiter and assistant waiter. It was a whole $4.50 but i felt they did not deserve any bit of it.

The other thing that I thought was odd was the difficulty it was to get a drink on the pool deck. It may be that our 2 previous cruses were on Oasis and Allure but 1 bartender at a bar with 6 people waiting was a bit ridiculousness. At the bars that had 2 bar tenders they would both pay attention to one end of the bar only (Oasis Bar mid pool deck).

The upgrades that have been done recently made the common areas look good. The ship seemed to be in good shape over all. We have also decided that the 3 night cruises may just not be for us. We like the feel of a longer cruise and not living out of a suit case on vacation but that has nothing to do the the quality of the ship just our taste.

Just a short bit of my thoughts on the cruise. Interested to see what your thoughts were cruisinck

Our friends stayed in one of the panoramic cabins. Love the window! I don't think the actual size of the cabin is larger than the balcony ones. They were a few doors down from us but the hallway jogged toward the outside where these cabins started. The partition wall that was created ran even with our doors. I think the interior was probably the exact same size as the balcony interiors.

Congrats on that many cruises. This was our 7th and wanted more our of the cruise.

I have to start with the Staff...it had to have been the worst guest friendly staff we have sailed with. It always seemed to be like we were asking everyone to go out of there way unless we were the ones that were to tip them at the end of the cruise (Dinner wait staff & State room attendant). I lost count of the times that we almost got run over by cart or someone in the halls. Also with the new auto tipping that RCCL has instated don't even think about changing the tip amounts to a lower amount. You have to fill out pages of paper work and then they can not even guarantee that you staff that you did not change or modify will get the tips. I looked about doing this because I never say the "Head Waiter". Never once did he/she introduce them selves nor did we ever see a red coat assist out waiter and assistant waiter. It was a whole $4.50 but i felt they did not deserve any bit of it.

The other thing that I thought was odd was the difficulty it was to get a drink on the pool deck. It may be that our 2 previous cruses were on Oasis and Allure but 1 bartender at a bar with 6 people waiting was a bit ridiculousness. At the bars that had 2 bar tenders they would both pay attention to one end of the bar only (Oasis Bar mid pool deck).

The upgrades that have been done recently made the common areas look good. The ship seemed to be in good shape over all. We have also decided that the 3 night cruises may just not be for us. We like the feel of a longer cruise and not living out of a suit case on vacation but that has nothing to do the the quality of the ship just our taste.

Just a short bit of my thoughts on the cruise. Interested to see what your thoughts were cruisinck

:( archyboy6-

I am so sorry that you didn't have a great experience on Enchantment's 5/10 sailing. DH and I really did have a good time, but I guess we all have different expectations, requirements, etc. Sometimes, it's the "luck of the draw" when it comes to who your room attendants or bar servers are...I don't know. I will agree with you that there is a MAJOR difference in cruise experiences between the 3/4 day cruises and the 7 day+ sailings. The service that we received last September on Oasis was absolutely unmatched by anything I've ever seen, while Enchantment was a bit spotty at times. Nevertheless, hubby and I enjoyed our time on the ship.

Hopefully there was something fun on the ship that you were able to indulge yourself with! ;)

Our friends stayed in one of the panoramic cabins. Love the window! I don't think the actual size of the cabin is larger than the balcony ones. They were a few doors down from us but the hallway jogged toward the outside where these cabins started. The partition wall that was created ran even with our doors. I think the interior was probably the exact same size as the balcony interiors.

Our Panoramic was wonderful, and we've stayed in all kinds of cabins: inside, outside, and balcony. I'd reserve that room again in a heartbeat for those windows alone!

It's cute but nothing about that is panoramic. Ill stick to the balconies.

To each his own. For those on a budget that want a much better view than a port hole or small square window...it's Panoramic!

We were also on the May 10th cruise. It was our 10th anniversary. We had a wonderful time but I would agree the service was 't as good as the other ships we've been on. I guess we were spoiled on the Monarch.

We saw our room attendant once, on the first night. Our waiter wasn't the greatest, but we still had a good dinner. We went to Chops the first night service was good my husbands filet was good my strip steak so -so. My husband tried to wear shorts and they wouldn't let him in. He had to go back to the cabin and change.

We used the Diamond lounge and the concierge was good, service so-so. A lot of the times the waiters were sitting at a table and you had to call them over. Drinks were strong. The food area very small. Had the best chicken wings. They weren't breaded like they usually are. They also had an area of the Viking crown roped off for D and D+.

We never did go to any of the shows.

Kelly at the piano in the Schooner bar was awesome. He grew a great crowd. We spent most of our time after dinner there.

Park Café was good, can't beat the roast beef sandwiches. Wish they were open when we were at CoCo Cay. But they are open for dinner and late snacks.

We actually saw the glass roof open in the Solarium. It's been awhile since I've seen that.

We had a great bartender, JR, at the Solarium bar.

Loved that they had hand out deck plans and general info available.

We had an inside cabin on deck 3. I had no problems with it, actually slept better than I usually do. Even my husband who is normally up at 5:30 slept till 7-7:30. I think it was because when we have a ocean view or balcony he always leaves the drape open a crack.

We had a wonderful time and will do it again.

We were also on the May 10th cruise. It was our 10th anniversary. We had a wonderful time but I would agree the service was 't as good as the other ships we've been on. I guess we were spoiled on the Monarch.

We saw our room attendant once, on the first night. Our waiter wasn't the greatest, but we still had a good dinner. We went to Chops the first night service was good my husbands filet was good my strip steak so -so. My husband tried to wear shorts and they wouldn't let him in. He had to go back to the cabin and change.

We used the Diamond lounge and the concierge was good, service so-so. A lot of the times the waiters were sitting at a table and you had to call them over. Drinks were strong. The food area very small. Had the best chicken wings. They weren't breaded like they usually are. They also had an area of the Viking crown roped off for D and D+.

We never did go to any of the shows.

Kelly at the piano in the Schooner bar was awesome. He grew a great crowd. We spent most of our time after dinner there.

Park Café was good, can't beat the roast beef sandwiches. Wish they were open when we were at CoCo Cay. But they are open for dinner and late snacks.

We actually saw the glass roof open in the Solarium. It's been awhile since I've seen that.

We had a great bartender, JR, at the Solarium bar.

Loved that they had hand out deck plans and general info available.

We had an inside cabin on deck 3. I had no problems with it, actually slept better than I usually do. Even my husband who is normally up at 5:30 slept till 7-7:30. I think it was because when we have a ocean view or balcony he always leaves the drape open a crack.

We had a wonderful time and will do it again.

susibell2-

First of all, congrats on your 10 year anniversary! I'm also one of the folks who thought that Monarch (despite its age) was one of the best boats in RCI's fleet! Hubby and I intentionally went into this sailing with no preconceived notions or expectations; we didn't want to set ourselves up for disappointment. Overall, it was a great time for us. Not perfect, but great time, and we'd book Enchantment again.

We did Chops on formal night; we don't usually eat as late as 8:30 p.m., but that's pretty much all that remained of the open reservations. The portions were astronomical...I couldn't believe how much food they give you. After the appetizers we were pretty much stuffed, but we managed to get the steaks eaten. We thought that we would literally pass out when they brought out our dessert...LOL See the photos below, Red Velvet Cake and Mississippi Chocolate Mudpie. Decadent. Simply decadent.

070_zps91360dad.jpg

071_zpsc8739936.jpg

I spent 9 nights on EN in cabin # 7600 and enjoyed every minute. The

room had a fridge and a safe that allowed me to use my own code. I'm

not sure about noise from the centrum, since I stayed out late almost

every night. The one night I went to bed early, I don't recall hearing any

noises.

Glad to hear you enjoyed cabin 8600.

I would definitely stay in a POV cabin again.

How much cheaper is that room to the cheapest balcony?

I think it depends on the cruise. Enchantment June 3, 2013 the Panoramic cabin is $489 and the cheapest balcony is $659 (reduced from $749 about a week ago). This is the 4 day.

I spent 9 nights on EN in cabin # 7600 and enjoyed every minute. The

room had a fridge and a safe that allowed me to use my own code. I'm

not sure about noise from the centrum, since I stayed out late almost

every night. The one night I went to bed early, I don't recall hearing any

noises.

Glad to hear you enjoyed cabin 8600.

I would definitely stay in a POV cabin again.

Wasn't the view spectacular?