Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Thank you for posting the amazing photos. What camera did you use ? and what mode did you select when taking the photos ? I have a canon t1i, and i dont think the landscape mode takes photos that nice unless there is a feature i am not aware of. thx

Thank you for posting the amazing photos. What camera did you use ? and what mode did you select when taking the photos ? I have a canon t1i, and i dont think the landscape mode takes photos that nice unless there is a feature i am not aware of. thx

A Nikon D7000. If in daylight, mostly Automatic. The main two lenses I use are a 10-24mm wide angle and a 18-200mm telephoto.

I noticed on the Fun Times on your website (thank you for posting) that there were 4 adult comedy shows and that they started earlier than on other cruises. I am curious if they will continue this when the Sunshine comes to the U.S. or if it is for Europe only.

My question is did this help with the lines and people being able to get into the comedy shows? We were on the Breeze and showed up 25 minutes before it started and it was SRO and the next night 35 minutes and the elevator area was full of people waiting in line.

The comedy shows are my favorite so it would be great if they added another show.

A Nikon D7000. If in daylight, mostly Automatic. The main two lenses I use are a 10-24mm wide angle and a 18-200mm telephoto.

glad i asked .. i guess you are carrying a slingshot for the camera, lenses and such .. if that is the case (or if you know), were you asked to leave it with security anywhere you were visting a church or a museum as it maybe considered a backpack ?

Can't believe our time is here.Will be leaving for our cruise itinerary that we have longed for; for many years.Not sure how we will make it through the next 2 days.Thanks Sarge for all the great pictures and encouragement.Some of the posters put a big damper on the cruise.Hopefully the Sunshine will look just as you showed us,and I know the sites will bring tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

Can't believe our time is here.Will be leaving for our cruise itinerary that we have longed for; for many years.Not sure how we will make it through the next 2 days.Thanks Sarge for all the great pictures and encouragement.Some of the posters put a big damper on the cruise.Hopefully the Sunshine will look just as you showed us,and I know the sites will bring tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.
Have a wonderful cruise..! :) We were originally scheduled with Sarge on the Inaugural sailing of April 12, but have rescheduled for September 8...:p We are sure we will have a GRAND time as we always go in with a positive attitute, and don't let little issues dampen our spirits.. :D You will too...

I noticed on the Fun Times on your website (thank you for posting) that there were 4 adult comedy shows and that they started earlier than on other cruises. I am curious if they will continue this when the Sunshine comes to the U.S. or if it is for Europe only.

My question is did this help with the lines and people being able to get into the comedy shows? We were on the Breeze and showed up 25 minutes before it started and it was SRO and the next night 35 minutes and the elevator area was full of people waiting in line.

The comedy shows are my favorite so it would be great if they added another show.

I expect multiple shows to continue. In Europe, very few lines any where.

I expect some of the shows to be repeats - even on Breeze. Not sure how many people want to see the same show twice.

Since they clear the lounge after each show, I would think everyone in line would get in. Was that not the case on Breeze?

glad i asked .. i guess you are carrying a slingshot for the camera, lenses and such .. if that is the case (or if you know), were you asked to leave it with security anywhere you were visting a church or a museum as it maybe considered a backpack ?

I have a backpack for camera, lenses, and laptop when traveling, but don't take it out with me.

Just a regular daypack with camera, 18-200mm, sometimes in a case and maybe the wide angle in it's padded case. Or sometimes just the camera with 18-200mm on the wrist strap and leave the rest on the bus.

No issues on our cruise.

If visiting somewhere like the Vatican, they will have you check large bags. One time I went through security there with camera equipment, a laptop, and more, and security did swoop down and made sure I checked the backpack. Tripods are often forbidden.

Question about pickpockets. Did you happen to see many lurking about in the ports? What do you do to secure your valuables?

Pickpockets can be found anywhere there are tourists. Anywhere crowded lie train stations, etc. The Vatican is notorious for them.

I leave everything I can on the ship and just take an ID, Sail and Sign card, a credit card, a check card, and some cash. Usually in a front pants pocket. A rubber band or three around a wallet will make it stick to your pocket and harder to get.

Mostly just pay attention to your surroundings and be acutely aware if there is a hand in your pocket that isn't yours. :cool:

I've never had an issue but know others who have.

You're welcome. The pictures are accurate. Don't let the naysayers get you down - you'll be cruising and they won't. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Two days? Or maybe just one, now. Was there anything you wanted to see pictures of that maybe I haven't posted, yet?

Archived