Technical Problems

Is anyone else having difficulties accessing threads? It is like I don't have any control over the cursor and can't get into a thread some times. I am also unable sometimes to look back in a thread for something I want to check on. It will only let me view the unread ones. I have recently changed to Google Chrome and didn't have this problem before that. Could it be connected?

I'm not the person to help with this since as soon as i encounter probs my DH has to step in to the rescue - but he says have you tried going back to your old Browser to try to eliminate the swap over as being the trigger for the problem? He's also saying up-dates can sometimes cause problems so have you go a 'System Restore point' you can go back to prior to the issue developing? (I have no idea about any of this - just passing on a message! :confused: )

In the absence of anyone else (so far) reporting the same problem on here perhaps it's more your set-up than the site. :confused: Does it ever happen on any other site?

We use Firefox but I have problems with the settings when trying to pay for some things on-line (perhaps even Thomson's site for excursions) with warnings about third party access etc, etc, enough to panic me anyway! I did the deed on Explorer instead with no hiccoughs but just goes to show how different Browsers behave!

Hope someone else can help with your prob. :)

Jim - you are genius! You manage to find a really appropriate pic for everything - and very amusing too! Looking at that one reminds me that I once saw a post by someone on here (not this Forum though) and I was certain there was a tiny insect stuck behind my screeen crawling around. It was very unnerving - then eventually I realised it was part of his avatar! It was quite a relief when the penny dropped!

Thanks, Kruzseeka and to your DH.

I think I may go back to internet explorer because I had to do that yesterday to pay a bill and I will deal with this when I have more time. I can't even reply to the post you put on another thread yesterday :confused:

I may try a system restore as it has worked in the past.

Thanks, Kruzseeka and to your DH.

I think I may go back to internet explorer because I had to do that yesterday to pay a bill and I will deal with this when I have more time. I can't even reply to the post you put on another thread yesterday :confused:

I may try a system restore as it has worked in the past.

No probs Little Nell. :)

Pleased you have found a way around your problem and trust it will all be sorted when you've got time to look into it further. Sounds as though you have a busy day! ;)

Just back from the pub, celebrating with my daughter who has just done her last exam at uni, and must have been inspired by the alcohol, decided to try logging out and back in and my technical problems have disappeared.

It took quite some time to type this and it looks fine to me. Maybe tomorrow that will not be the case.

Goodnight my friends :D

Just back from the pub, celebrating with my daughter who has just done her last exam at uni, and must have been inspired by the alcohol, decided to try logging out and back in and my technical problems have disappeared.

It took quite some time to type this and it looks fine to me. Maybe tomorrow that will not be the case.

Goodnight my friends :D

Pleased you had such a good night - and you and your daughter must be feeling very relieved! Hope the head's ok this morning! :D;)

Thanks, Kruzseeka, the head is fine this morning and we have to do it all over tonight again :eek: Relief, I think that they seem to have gone okay. I was less stressed when I did my exams :D

Hi Little Nell

Nice to hear your head is ok this morning. Will your celebrations tonight include your 1,000th post.:D:)

Hi Nell,

Congratulations on your 1000th post and congratulations to your daughter on finishing her exams. When my daughter got her degree, we made a huge banner saying Congratulations Laura, putting one letter on each A4 piece of paper and threaded them on to a piece of string. As we went to put them up across the front door, we realized we had put them on back to front

ARUAL SNOITALUTARGNOC :D:D:D

Yes, Happy v and she insisted we went tonight but we have left the young ones to it now and are home.

Jakanne, I don't know what is going on with the counter :confused:

I've just noticed that you and I joined in the same month :cool: and I managed to miss your 1,000th post :confused:

Yes, Happy v and she insisted we went tonight but we have left the young ones to it now and are home.

I've just noticed that you and I joined in the same month :cool: and I managed to miss your 1,000th post :confused:

Jakanne and Little Nell - I'm missing something here. What's happening with your counter? How do you know it's missing counting some? :confused:

Jakanne and Little Nell - I'm missing something here. What's happening with your counter? How do you know it's missing counting some? :confused:

In the top right hand corner it says when you joined, where you live and how many posts you have made. I haven't taken any notice of number of posts made until someone mentioned your 5000 posts and then Nell's 1000 but then noticed that although Nell was making posts, that her number was not increasing in line. Then I had a look at mine and noticed I had made 1000 as well. :)

Dream girl joined at the same time too. Shall have to check how many posts she has made! :D:)

In the top right hand corner it says when you joined, where you live and how many posts you have made. I haven't taken any notice of number of posts made until someone mentioned your 5000 posts and then Nell's 1000 but then noticed that although Nell was making posts, that her number was not increasing in line. Then I had a look at mine and noticed I had made 1000 as well. :)

Oh thanks for that Jakanne - wonder how that glitch comes about! :confused:

Congrats on your 1000th too - don't we spend some time on here?! :rolleyes: :D

Oh thanks for that Jakanne - wonder how that glitch comes about! :confused:

Congrats on your 1000th too - don't we spend some time on here?! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks Kruzseeka! Just checked and Dream girl who joined at the same time has 1068!

Congratulations Dream Girl. :):D

Said to some ex colleagues that I was reading less books than I did when i was working...forgot to mention how much time I spent reading on here and on the Thomson FB site! :eek:

Archived