Venice to Lake Bled

lhall85917

This seems a little out there, but we would like to see Lake Bled and have a little extra time to fit this in as a day trip from Venice. Through searching I have seen a train/bus combo but it doesn't seem reasonable for a day trip. There is also the option of renting a car but we prefer not to do this when on vacation.
Does anyone know of any companies that might do this?

Is your ship overnighting in Venice? This would be the only way you could even think of this, and it would have to be by rental car. Google maps shows 3 routes between Venice and Lake Bled, taking between 2:40 and 4 hours. One route is largely through Slovenia and the other two are largely through Italy with some Austria. You'll need vignettes for both Austria and Slovenia (permits to drive that car in the country). You'd need to check to see if any of those countries require an IDL from the driver (you have to get that here in the US, best place is AAA).

Just for kicks, I looked a flights between Venice and Ljubljana to see if that would work. Nope. Nothing that would work for a day trip and also VERY expensive (cheapest for 2 was close to 400EU).

If you don't like to drive on vacation, I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions. I did an Ask.com for "day trips between Venice and Lake Bled" and didn't find anything - it was mostly people asking if it could be done.

Archived