The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Allure of the Seas, April 28, 2013 ~ A Pictorial Revi

I think the helmet's a good idea for you, Lisa, with or without the pot leaf. (BTW I didn't get that.:rolleyes:)

I am sure Bill was only thinking of the medicinal value. (AZ's new Medical Marijuana Law);)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Samba’s Grill is located in the Solarium where the Solarium Cafe is located during the day. It is converted to an upscale restaurant with cloth seat covers, nice table coverings and romantic lightning. We were really looking forward to this entire experience more than any other dining we had selected. We had never dined at a Brazilian Steakhouse before this evening.

I think it's so cool that there is are Churrascarias at sea (I believe NCL has one too?). If you want an outstanding version, try Fogo De Chao on Scottsdale Road (north of McDonald). My wife and I love it, there is certainly no lack of flavor, and there isn't a steak sauce in sight!

PRO TIP: Monday-Friday, lunch the same full menu at a cheaper price.

Thanks for sharing your vacation! The Allure is definitely on my bucket list, but AS the destination, not as a way to visit the Caribbean!

I think it's so cool that there is are Churrascarias at sea (I believe NCL has one too?). If you want an outstanding version, try Fogo De Chao on Scottsdale Road (north of McDonald). My wife and I love it, there is certainly no lack of flavor, and there isn't a steak sauce in sight!

PRO TIP: Monday-Friday, lunch the same full menu at a cheaper price.

Thanks for sharing your vacation! The Allure is definitely on my bucket list, but AS the destination, not as a way to visit the Caribbean!

Thanks for the suggestion.. We will have check it out. I work in Scottsdale.

I agree about the Allure - it is a destination in itself.

Be sure to join us on the Arizona Cruisers Chat thread! Just click on the link in my signature to get to our forum.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey great pictures, really did like to see them. Haven't been on the Allure yet, and don't think I will be anytime soon.:eek::rolleyes:

Virginia

Thanks, Virginia.

Don't cross it off your list. I think you would be pleasantly surprised!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

What a fun group-maybe someday when I can move to sunny AZ I can join your group. Looks like you had a blast except for the awful incident on the bridge. I am sailing next year on the Allure and learn something with each review I read. You took marvelous pictures what camera did you use? Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

What a fun group-maybe someday when I can move to sunny AZ I can join your group. Looks like you had a blast except for the awful incident on the bridge. I am sailing next year on the Allure and learn something with each review I read. You took marvelous pictures what camera did you use? Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Thanks! We would love to have you join us, when is the big move? Hopefully not during this next week with our temps predicted to 117!:eek:

I hope nothing eventful happens on our next cruise. I need a break. Bill said he's going to bring me a helmet to use and I'll order pizza or eat at the hotel pre-cruise. Yeah, and I think I should avoid any rock climbing walls & things that include "danger" :D

Karaoke doesn't sound too dangerous, I think we would prefer listening to you than what we did last cruise.

Loved your review and pictures. We did Oasis last year and have Allure on our list of hopes. Your pictures are fantastic. I'm the photographer on our trips and in the market for a new camera. What camera did you use?

Loved your review and pictures. We did Oasis last year and have Allure on our list of hopes. Your pictures are fantastic. I'm the photographer on our trips and in the market for a new camera. What camera did you use?

Ginny's camera is nice & takes wonderful pictures. A little too pricey & complicated for me as I know nothing about camera's. Just so you know, many people compliment my pictures & I have an inexpensive Canon SX160is

that was under $200 that I'm very happy with. If you have more $ to spend, Ginny can tell you what she has.

Considering you always teased me about karaoke, that statement speaks volumes.:)

Karaoke jokes are like blonde jokes to me and you know how I feel about my blonde. I still laugh though at Jay leno talking about Carnival Triumph last year, "there is sewage and karaoke everywhere!

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to EC in November with about 2000 bikers on the Freedom of the Seas and was looking to get some info from you and your group since I enjoyed reading your review. We are going to St. Thomas and St. Martin and would like to know what you would recommend. I figure Sapphire Beach and would like to stay maybe an hour or 2 there and then see some other sights and at the end shop before getting back on the ship. What other sights do you like there?

And on St Martin, I was going to call Benards to set something up but would like to know what else we should ask for beside Maho Beach, Marigot and the fort looked cool to go to. Appreciate any info you give us!!!

Thanks,

Brian

We are going to EC in November with about 2000 bikers on the Freedom of the Seas and was looking to get some info from you and your group since I enjoyed reading your review. We are going to St. Thomas and St. Martin and would like to know what you would recommend. I figure Sapphire Beach and would like to stay maybe an hour or 2 there and then see some other sights and at the end shop before getting back on the ship. What other sights do you like there?

And on St Martin, I was going to call Benards to set something up but would like to know what else we should ask for beside Maho Beach, Marigot and the fort looked cool to go to. Appreciate any info you give us!!!

Thanks,

Brian

I would recommend a tour on St. Thomas. Most good tour operators will take you to the island highlights, including some good view points and give you a couple of hours at Sapphire Beach or any beach of your choice. I personally recommend Sunny Liston. He has never let us down and is a lot of fun! A tour is an economical alternative to taking a taxi from place to place on the island.

In St, Martin I would recommend Bernard's standard tour for your first time there. We did a more customized tour since we have all been there before and wanted more time to shop in Marigot and also at Maho. Don't miss Orient Beach if you haven't seen it before. It is a beautiful beach - and you might see some bonus scenery.:rolleyes: