Going to watch Fantasy leave today...

tractortom

Hi kids,

My wife and I have just booked our first Disney cruise, for November 1 of 2014 to celebrate my 60th birthday and we're taking our extended family and friends along as well. Anyway, because we only live two hours from Port Canaveral, we're headed up that way to sit at Fishlips, and watch the ship cruise by on the way out at 5pm. I'll be taking video with my little pocket video camera, and will post on-line later after we get back.

It's small comfort, watching the ship leave and know we won't be on it for another 18 months or so, but it's something...

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

We booked about 18 months out, also. Actually, that time can go by rather quickly. I tried to watch the sail aways each week on the webcam http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/ and counted down the weeks. I also dedcided where was the best place to stand and wave so my friends at home could watch on the webcam when we sailed out.

We live about an hour from the port and love to go watch the ships pull out to help pass the wait for our next cruise.

Another great thing to do is to join the Cruise meets(roll call) thread for your cruise. You'll meet lots of great people on your cruise.:D

If nobody has started a thread yet, then start one yourself and others will find you.

Kathy

Hi kids,

My wife and I have just booked our first Disney cruise, for November 1 of 2014 to celebrate my 60th birthday and we're taking our extended family and friends along as well. Anyway, because we only live two hours from Port Canaveral, we're headed up that way to sit at Fishlips, and watch the ship cruise by on the way out at 5pm. I'll be taking video with my little pocket video camera, and will post on-line later after we get back.

It's small comfort, watching the ship leave and know we won't be on it for another 18 months or so, but it's something...

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Congrats on booking your cruise! We went to Fishlips for dinner the same day we disembarked the Magic. It's always fun, but it was sheer torture seeing someone leaving on OUR ship :) I watch Fishlips as much as I can to daydream on our upcoming Fantasy cruise in September. We like to go every other year and book on board, and during that whole time I daydream on Fishlips

I watch the webcam quite often :) If possible, when we arrive the day prior to sailing we also head to Fishlips to watch the other ships sail away. A good way to get excited for vacay.

Archived