Booked a solo cruise

Vitality08

Last night I booked a quick 4 day cruise to Canada. I got a great price plus I'll have $100 in OBC AND I have 2 drink coupons left from a previous trip. This is basically going to be a very relaxing cruise for me.

I've never booked a cruise so close to departure so I'm very excited about such a short countdown AND this will be my first cruise on a 2.0 ship.

I'm going on the Glory out of Boston.

I'm going to attempt to do a review when I get back but if anyone has any questions or things they want me to look out for let me know now.

The only thing I miss when I book so close is getting to know my roll call. Some of the shorter cruises though the roll calls are dead anyway.

Have fun. Im always ready to go, its my family who stops me from booking last minute more often.

The only thing I miss when I book so close is getting to know my roll call. Some of the shorter cruises though the roll calls are dead anyway.

Have fun. Im always ready to go, its my family who stops me from booking last minute more often.

The roll call for this cruise seems pretty active and they've been welcoming to me. I'm going to go the meet and mingle and the slot pull. Another group also booked either yesterday or today so I'm not the newest...lol.

Come on FIREFLY333 your slowing down you only have 9 cruises booked, i usually see 10 to 12.:rolleyes:

Come on FIREFLY333 your slowing down you only have 9 cruises booked, i usually see 10 to 12.:rolleyes:

I know Im looking for something. .. but Im also telling myself all of the cruises after the next one I have to buy airfare for. Thats slowing me down too. More expensive cruises. Alaska and Hawaii and a B2B out of San Juan later this year are all bigger cruises than usual.

But I wouldnt mind a last minute, you know me.. but everyone puts such a guilt trip on me.

Nice! I'm going on the Glory later this year, can't wait to hear how you liked it

The shortest I have booked is for the next day when they called with a good price.

I did get a call for a cheap price once that was the same day, sadly I couldn't go.

Hmm. That intinerary really, really sounds enticing. You've just blown two or three hours of my weekend, as I run through thought experiments...do I have enough time off, how much is a plane ticket, can I pack away enough money to do it this summer... here we go!

I know Im looking for something. .. but Im also telling myself all of the cruises after the next one I have to buy airfare for. Thats slowing me down too.

In this case, airfare for me is close to the price of the four-day cruise, per person, if I go with my daughter. Boston or New York are about $100 less per person than flying to Florida, but it does put a damper on things. Sigh. Might have enough points on Amex for one round trip ticket.

I've been looking at a change-up from Caribbean cruises. Alaska is a big jump in cost, however, flying in from the Chicago region. We've never been to Canada, which is sort of stupid considering we're a state away from the border.

Congrats on your solo cruise. I am sailing on the Glory next friday the 24th on a CTN for 2 day.. My first true solo where I don't know anyone before hand. My last cruise was semi solo since I was traveling with family but had my own cablin. I love it and meet lots of great people through our roll call and meet and mingle.

We have a pretty good roll call going for the CTN and have an unoffical meet and greet planned for sailaway at the Blue Iquana. :D

Let me know if there is anything you want to know about the Glory and I will let you know when I get back.

In this case, airfare for me is close to the price of the four-day cruise, per person, if I go with my daughter. Boston or New York are about $100 less per person than flying to Florida, but it does put a damper on things. Sigh. Might have enough points on Amex for one round trip ticket.

I've been looking at a change-up from Caribbean cruises. Alaska is a big jump in cost, however, flying in from the Chicago region. We've never been to Canada, which is sort of stupid considering we're a state away from the border.

To get to Vancouver, Im flying into Seattle in the morning, and then taking the $45 bus to cross the border and have a hotel in Vancouver for the night. The train is only $29 but gets in very late at night or early in the morning.

Its not as expensive as you think. I saw some posts about some really cheap deals, on other lines than Carnival. But you can do Alaska for much less than you probably think. Since Im solo I only have to pay for one airfare at least.

Archived